Your patient, your care, anywhere
With Remote Care solutions you have the flexibility to deliver quality care without your patients making a trip to the clinic. Remote Care is designed to enhance your clinical practice by combining your expertise with solutions that can help you manage your patient base, time and resources.
With the option of managing patient progress remotely, you could offer care to more patients, including those who may be limited by location, health, mobility, or work and family commitments.
Remote Care benefits
Most adults with hearing loss would use remote care options if they were offered by their clinician.1
For patients with a compatible Nucleus or Kanso Sound Processor*, Remote Check is a virtual assessment tool which helps you monitor their progress remotely and provide care when it’s needed.
Remote Check identifies issues you would look for during a clinic appointment4, helping to triage the patient – are they performing as expected, or do they need follow up?
You choose which patients to enrol in Remote Check and the activities you want them to do. Patients complete the Remote Check at a convenient time and place using the Nucleus Smart App on their compatible* smartphone.
Activities in a Remote Check
When surveyed, clinicians reported it took as little as ten minutes to review Remote Check results.5
Data from sound processor
For patients with a compatible Nucleus or Kanso Sound Processor*, Remote Assist can help you provide convenient, real-time care through a scheduled video appointment.
During a Remote Assist session, you have the opportunity to assess how the patient is progressing, discuss any issues they are experiencing and optimise their hearing outcomes. You can also connect remotely to their sound processor to make adjustments.
* For compatibility information visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility
Remote Check is user-driven, so individual variables may impact the time taken to review results.
This material is intended for health professionals. If you are a consumer, please seek advice from your health professional about treatments for hearing loss. Outcomes may vary, and your health professional will advise you about the factors which could affect your outcome. Always follow the instructions for use. Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative for product information.
Views expressed are those of the individual. Consult your health professional to determine if you are a candidate for Cochlear technology.
- Cochlear Limited. D1926565. Cochlear Telehealth Study. December 2020.
- Maruthurkkara S, Case S, Rottier R. Evaluation of Remote Check: A Clinical Tool for Asynchronous Monitoring and Triage of Cochlear Implant Recipients. Ear Hear. 2021 Jul 27. doi: 10.1097/AUD.0000000000001106. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 34320523.
- Cochlear Limited. D1739391. Remote Check Usage Investigation. April 2020.
- Maruthurkkara S, Allen A, Cullington H, Muff J, Arora K, Johnson S. Remote check test battery for cochlear implant recipients: proof of concept study. International Journal of Audiology. 2021;:1-10.
- Cochlear Limited. D1803506. Global Remote Check Pilot Clinician Evaluation. October 2020