Baha® 6 Max Sound Processor upgrade benefits
The Cochlear™ Baha® 6 Max Sound Processor is designed to help you hear your best. Learn more about the technology and the upgrade process.
What you'll find on this page
- Learn about the Baha 6 Max Sound Processor
- Explore options to optimize your hearing experience
- Compare your current sound processor with the latest technology
Why Upgrade to the Baha 6 Max Sound Processor
- Designed to maximize your hearing experience and enhance your overall well-being, the Baha 6 Max Sound Processor helps you squeeze the most of out of life — from everyday delights to extraordinary pursuits. Whether it’s leading a presentation with confidence, enjoying rich sound among a noisy environment, indulging in your favorite pastimes or connecting virtually with your grandchild, the Baha 6 Max Sound Processor helps ensure you are part of every precious moment.
- The Baha 6 Max Sound Processor packs more power into our smallest1-3 and most discreet package and helps provide clear, rich and natural sound. More power allows your device to evolve with you — even if your hearing changes over time. If you’re ready to optimize your hearing experience and never miss a moment, now is the time to upgrade to the latest technology.
“I feel like I have come out of my “cocoon”. With my Baha System, I finally enjoy talking to people again.”
- Anne, Baha System recipient
Baha 6 Max Sound Processor
Small never sounded this powerful. With the Baha 6 Max Sound Processor, you don’t have to choose between performance and size. With a fitting range of up to 55 dB SNHL4, we have packed more power into our smallest and most discreet package – designed to provide clear, rich and natural sound. More power allows you to continue to use your device, even if your hearing changes over time.
The advanced technology offers a 43%* wider frequency bandwidth which is designed to improve understanding in both quiet and noisy situations.5
Additionally, the Baha 6 Max Sound Processor has an 87% longer average battery life than the Baha 5 Sound Processor, allowing you to stay on-air longer.6**
Optimize your hearing experience with Baha 6 Max
The Baha 6 Max Sound Processor features dual microphones that may make it easier to localize sound so you can focus in noisy situations. Using SmartSound® iQ technology, the Baha 6 Max Sound Processor will automatically make adjustments to optimize your hearing experience. The sound processor actively works to reduce unwanted noise around you — from busy restaurants and hectic spaces to crowded venues — so you can focus on the conversations that matter.
You know the smallest connections can make a big difference. Whether streaming music, video chatting with friends and family or interacting with coworkers in-person or remotely, the Baha 6 Max Sound Processor can help you connect and interact with the world in new ways. With an all new connectivity platform, you’ll be able to stream sound directly to your sound processor from a compatible Apple® or Android™ device***, so you’ll never miss a beat.
The all new Baha Smart App gives you more options to personalize your hearing experience. The app is available for compatible Android or Apple devices*** – it’s even available for Apple Watch®. With more control, you can change programs, adjust volume, locate a missing sound processor and activate Live Listen™. The Live Listen feature allows the microphone of your Apple device to detect sound and stream it directly to the sound processor, functioning as a remote microphone.
A new sound processor comes with a 2-year global warranty. You can have peace of mind knowing that you will be covered for the repair or replacement of your new device should something go wrong that's not covered by warranty.
Designed to fit within your lifestyle, the Baha 6 Max Sound Processor features a durable design with the highest water and dust resistance rating† of any of our suite of Baha devices, so you don’t need to worry about getting caught in the rain.
The new Baha 6 Max Sound Processor is designed with new kid-friendly features including the ability to confirm your child’s sound processor is connected to sound using the Smart App.†† You can also adjust, monitor and track their hearing. An LED light will give you or your child’s teacher a quick confirmation that the sound processor is on and how it is connected so you can ensure your child is on-air.
- Changes in Hearing: If you notice more difficulty in hearing — perhaps in crowded rooms or on the phone, it may be time to upgrade. The Baha 6 Max Sound Processor’s advanced technology offers a 43%* wider frequency bandwidth that is designed to improve understanding in both quiet and noisy situations.5 Don’t let changes in hearing stop you from living life to the fullest.
- Lifestyle Changes: Whether you’ve secured a new job, moved into a new living situation or discovered a new hobby, your new lifestyle may call for an upgraded hearing experience. From more time connecting with co-workers on video platforms to listening for distant bird calls, advanced technology can enhance your new endeavor and make it even more rewarding.
- New Technology: An upgrade in technology may help you live a fuller life — whether you’re plugged in connecting to friends and co-workers or doing the things you love. The Baha 6 Max Sound Processor has an 87% longer average battery life than the Baha 5 Sound Processor, allowing you to stay on-air longer.6**
- Current Processor End of Life: Cochlear technology is constantly evolving. Next-generation sound processors are designed to deliver new capabilities and work with your existing implant. As new technology is developed, older sound processors may become outdated and obsolete. Cochlear may decide to phase out production and support of aging technology, after which time replacements, parts and accessories may no longer be available. Keep in mind Cochlear has updated Baha sound processor technology that is compatible with your current implant so you can continue to hear without the need for additional surgery.
Compare Baha devices
Would you like to see how your current device compares to the latest technology? Download a comparison chart to learn about the differences.
Compare Baha devices
135KB | PDF
Find the solution that’s right for you
The Baha family of sound processors includes options that fit up to a 65dB SNHL fitting range.7 Our specialists or your clinician can help guide you in determining the sound processor that best suits your hearing needs.
*With Baha Connect System.
**Battery life is dependent on streaming, sound environments and gain setting.
***Cochlear Baha 6 Max sound processor is compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and selected Android phones. For compatibility information visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility.
†The Cochlear Baha 6 Max Sound Processor, with battery compartment excluded, is dust and water resistant to level IP68 of the International Standard IEC60529. Refer to the relevant user guide for more information. Tested by the RISE Research Institutes of Sweden AB.
††The Cochlear Baha Smart App is available on App Store and Google Play. For compatibility information visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility.
Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Watch, FaceTime, Made for iPad logo, Made for iPhone logo, Made for iPod logo, iPhone, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Android is a trademark of Google LLC. The Android robot is reproduced or modified from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC
- Leung B. Baha 6 Max Connect Datasheet. Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB, Sweden. 2020; D1760797.
- Land J. Baha 5 Sound Processor Connect System Datasheet. Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB, Sweden. 2019; 630908.
- Land J. Baha 5 Power Connect Datasheet. Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB, Sweden. 2019; D801286.
- Hua H. Baha 6 Max fitting range. Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB, Sweden. 2020; D1725632.
- Van Eeckhoutte M, Folkeard P, Glista D, Scollie S. Speech recognition, loudness, and preference with extended bandwidth hearing aids for adult hearing aid users. Int J Audiol. 2020;20:1-12.
- Davidsson B. Technical Report: Battery autonomy in Baha 6 Max vs Baha 5. Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB, Sweden. 2021; D1770958. Battery life is dependent on streaming, sound environments and gain setting.
- Norman, J., Review of fitting ranges. Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB, D773528, 2015.