Nucleus 8 upgrade
Availability: Select styles for availability
Enjoy the comfort of the world’s smallest and lightest behind-the-ear sound processor.1 Designed to make engaging with people easier, the Nucleus® 8 Sound Processor features smarter^ hearing technology that automatically adjusts to your listening environment.2-5
Ready for next-generation Bluetooth® LE Audio connectivity¥, your new sound processor will bring sound to you – in more places and from more devices than ever before.6-8 Experience the proven benefits of streaming audio directly to your sound processor.6,9-11 Smaller, smarter and better connected, the Nucleus 8 Sound Processor opens up a world of new possibilities.1,2,7,12^
Black, brown, grey, sand, white, silver
Length 43.4 mm
Width 8.9 mm
Depth 41.3 mm
Weight 9.4 g
(Note: Device dimensions were measured on a Nucleus 8 Sound Processor with a medium-size earhook and power extend battery module.)
- 1 Sound Processor
- 2 Slimline coil and cable
- 2 Rechargeable battery
- 1 Magnet
- 1 Earhook
- 1 Microphone cover
- 1 Battery holder
- 1 Battery cover
- 1 Power One Implant Plus p675 Mercury Free Battery (pack of 6)
- 1 Y Battery charger
- 1 Charger plug kit
- 1 Cochlear remote control (CR310)
- 1 Storage Case
- 1 Drying Capsule
- 1 Dry Brik by Dry & Store
- 1 Breeze by Dry & Store
- 1 Retention accessory
^ Compared to previous generation Nucleus 7 and Nucleus 6 Sound Processors
¥ When this technology becomes available a firmware update to your sound processor will allow you to connect to Bluetooth® LE Audio compatible devices.
Please seek advice from your health professional about treatments for hearing loss. Outcomes may vary, and your health professional will advise you about the factors which could affect your outcome. Always follow the instructions for use. Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative for product information.
Prior to placing an order for a sound processor, ensure you have consulted a health professional to confirm that the sound processor is right for you and ensure you seek assistance from a health professional if you sound processor need to be adjusted.
In Australia, Cochlear Nucleus implant systems are intended for the treatment of moderately severe to profound hearing loss. This product is not available for purchase by the general public. For information on funding and reimbursement please contact your healthcare professional.
The Nucleus 8 Sound Processor is compatible with Nucleus Profile Series, CI500 Series CI24RE (Freedom) Series, CI24R Implants. The Nucleus 8 Sound Processor is not compatible with the Nucleus® 22 (N22) Implant.
Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google LL.
Apple is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
The Bluetooth® and Auracast™ word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, and any use of such marks by Cochlear Limited is under license.
1. Cochlear Limited. D1190805 Processor Size Comparison. 2022, May.
2. Cochlear Limited. D1864200 SCAN-2 Design Description. 2022, Apr.
3. Mauger SJ, Warren C, Knight M, Goorevich M, Nel E. Clinical evaluation of the Nucleus 6 cochlear implant system: performance improvements with SmartSound iQ. International Journey Of Audiology. 2014, Aug; 53(8): 564-576. [Sponsored by Cochlear]
4. Mauger S, Jones M, Nel E, Del Dot J. Clinical outcomes with the Kanso™ off- the-ear cochlear implant sound processor. International Journal Of Audiology. 2017, Jan 9; 1-10. [Sponsored by Cochlear]
5. Wolfe J, Neumann S, Marsh M, Schafer E, Lianos L, Gilden J, O'Neill L, Arkis P, Menapace C, Nel E, Jones M. Benefits of Adaptive Signal Processing in a Commercially Available Cochlear Implant Sound Processor. Otol Neurotol. 2015 Aug;36(7):1181-90. [Sponsored by Cochlear]
6. Cochlear Limited. D1631375 Nucleus 8 Sound Processor Product Definition.
7. Introducing Bluetooth® LE Audio, Nick Hunn. January 2022 https://www.bluetooth.com/learn-about-bluetooth/recent-enhancements/le-audio/
8. A Technical Overview of LC3 [Internet]. Bluetooth® Technology Website. [Cited 2022 Feb 28]. Available from: https://www.bluetooth.com/blog/a-technical-overview-of-lc3
9. Wolfe J, et al. Evaluation of a wireless audio streaming accessory to improve mobile telephone performance of cochlear implant users. International Journal of Audiology. 2016;55(2):75-82
10. Wolfe J, et al. Improving hearing performance for cochlear implant recipients with use of a digital, wireless, remote-microphone, audio-streaming accessory. J Am Acad Audiol. 2015 Jun;26(6):532-9.
11. Warren C, Nel E, and Boyd P. Controlled comparative clinical trial of hearing benefit outcomes for users of the Cochlear™ Nucleus® 7 Sound Processor with mobile connectivity. Cochlear Implants International (2019 Feb); 20(3)
12. Cochlear Limited. D1964109 CLTD5804 Clinical Investigation Report – Feb 2022.