Smaller. Smarter. Better connected.
Engage with the moments that matter and enjoy the comfort of the world’s smallest and lightest behind-the-ear cochlear implant sound processor.1,* Designed to make communicating with people easier, the Nucleus® 8 Sound Processor delivers our latest hearing technology. It senses changes in your environment and automatically adjusts your listening settings to help you hear clearly wherever you go.2,3,5-7
Building on the direct streaming capabilities and connectivity features available in our latest sound processors, the Nucleus 8 Sound Processor offers you even more ways to connect. Ready for next generation Bluetooth® LE Audio technology, it will make it easy to bring sound to you - in more places and from more devices than ever before.4,8,9,^ You’ll be able to connect directly to what’s being broadcast at public venues such as airports, conference centers and theaters supporting Bluetooth Auracast™.
Designed to take comfort to the next level, the Nucleus 8 Sound Processor is 15% smaller and 13% lighter than the Nucleus 7 Sound Processor.1,^^
Hear your best no matter where you are, or where the day takes you. Featuring our smartest hearing technology yet, SmartSound® iQ 2 with SCAN 2***, the Nucleus 8 Sound Processor automatically adjusts to your environment. It's designed to help you hear conversations more clearly and easily, particularly in noisy situations so you can experience your best hearing.2,3,5-7
Discover exciting new ways to stream audio directly to your sound processor. Ready for next-generation Bluetooth technology,^ you will be able to connect to what's being broadcast in public venues such as airports, schools, sports clubs and gyms which support Bluetooth Auracast™.
Color options to match your personal style
The Nucleus® 8 Sound Processor is available in six different colors, so you can choose the one that best suits you.
Connect with the moments that matter
Whether you’re listening to music, taking a phone call, or watching your favourite film, Bluetooth LE Audio delivers better sound quality to help you get the best available audio experience.4,9,‡
Hear your best in any environment
Whether you're in a quiet room or at a busy cafe, your device will automatically adjust your listening settings. Featuring SmartSound® iQ 2 with SCAN 2*** hearing technology, hear your best no matter where the day takes you.2,5-7
Bring sound closer
Experience more ways to stream audio straight to your sound processor through compatible Apple, Android™ and Cochlear True Wireless Devices, as well as Bluetooth LE Audio.#,^
Enjoy clearer face-to-face conversations
ForwardFocus† more powerfully reduces unwanted background noise, so you can hear face-to-face conversations more clearly.≥ Designed to provide additional hearing support in noisy environments, ForwardFocus can be automated to help you focus on what’s important in any situation.3
Smart, convenient control
Monitor, manage and control your Nucleus 8 Sound Processor using the Nucleus Smart App from a compatible Apple or Android device.~
Peace of mind for parents
- From the playground, to the pool or classroom, your child never stops exploring. The Nucleus 8 Sound Processor comes with a choice of optional retention and water-safe accessories to help them better engage with their world and join life’s adventures.#
- Check how your child is using their sound processor and set hearing goals with the Nucleus Smart App Hearing Tracker.
- Ears work as a team, so using both ears can help the brain to process and understand sounds better than using just one ear.11 Cochlear sound processors can be worn with any hearing aid, so no matter what hearing aid your child is using, they’ll get the benefits of hearing with both ears.
- Using the Find My Processor feature in the Nucleus Smart App, you will be able to locate their missing sound processor.~
Lifetime of support
With access to the latest hearing technology, you can continue to connect with what you love.**
Want to learn more?
If you or your child is interested in learning more about the Nucleus system, we can send you a free information guide today.
Upgrading your device
With our best hearing technology yet, the Nucleus 8 Sound Processor could help you hear more clearly so you can get more out of life.
Please seek advice from your health professional about treatments for hearing loss. Outcomes may vary, and your health professional will advise you about the factors which could affect your outcome. Always read the instructions for use. Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative for product information.
± The Cochlear Nucleus 8 Sound Processor is dust and water resistant to level IP68 of the International Standard IEC60529. The Nucleus 8 Sound Processor with Aqua+ is dust and water resistant to level of IP68 of the International Standard IEC60529 when you use a Cochlear Power Extend Rechargeable Battery Module or Cochlear Compact Rechargeable Battery Module. The Nucleus 8 Sound Processor with Aqua+ can be continuously submerged under water to a depth of up to 3 metres for up to 2 hours. The Aqua+ accessory should be used when participating in prolonged water activities. Refer to the relevant user guide for more information.
* Compared to Nucleus 6 and Nucleus 7 sound processors.
^ When the technology becomes available for the Cochlear Nucleus 8 Sound Processor, a firmware update to your sound processor will allow you to connect to Bluetooth LE Audio compatible devices.
† ForwardFocus can only be enabled by a hearing implant specialist. It should only be activated for users 12 years and older who are able to reliably provide feedback on sound quality
and understand how to use the feature when moving to different or changing environments. It may be possible to have decreased speech understanding when using ForwardFocus in
a quiet environment.
~ The Cochlear Nucleus Smart App is available on App Store and Google Play. For compatibility information visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility
¥ For compatibility information and devices visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility and www.resound.com/compatibility
# For information regarding the compatibility of Cochlear’s Sound Processors with Apple or Android devices, and True Wireless Devices, visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility
** The Nucleus 8 Sound Processor is compatible with all implants except Nucleus 22 Implants.
^^ Comparison made using the Compact Battery Module for Nucleus 8 Sound Processor and the Compact Rechargeable Battery for Nucleus 7 Sound Processor
‡ When compared to previous generation Bluetooth Classic.
## The Nucleus 8 Sound Processor can be worn with any hearing aid.
≥ Compared to Nucleus® 7 Sound Processor with ForwardFocus on.
***It is recommended that SNR-NR, WNR and SCAN be made available to any recipient, ages 6 and older, who is able to 1) complete objective speech perception testing in quiet and noise in order to demonstrate and document performance and 2) report a preference for different program settings.
The Nucleus 8 Sound Processor is not currently available in Canada.
- Cochlear Limited. D1190805, Processor Size Comparison
- Cochlear Limited. D1864200 SCAN-X Design Description
- Cochlear Limited. D1964109 CLTD5804 Clinical Investigation Report
- Hunn N. Introducing Bluetooth® LE Audio [Internet]. [cited 2022 Jan]. Available from: https://www.bluetooth.com/learn-about-bluetooth/recent-enhancements/le-audio/
- Mauger SJ, Warren C, Knight M, Goorevich M, Nel E. Clinical evaluation of the Nucleus 6 cochlear implant system: performance improvements with SmartSound iQ. International Journal Of Audiology. 2014, Aug; 53(8): 564-576. [Sponsored by Cochlear]
- Mauger S, Jones M, Nel E, Del Dot J. Clinical outcomes with the Kanso™ off- the-ear cochlear implant sound processor. International Journal Of Audiology. 2017, Jan 9; 1-10. [Sponsored by Cochlear]
- Wolfe J, Neumann S, Marsh M, Schafer E, Lianos L, Gilden J, O'Neill L, Arkis P, Menapace C, Nel E, Jones M. Benefits of Adaptive Signal Processing in a Commercially Available Cochlear Implant Sound Processor. Otol Neurotol. 2015 Aug;36(7):1181-90. [Sponsored by Cochlear]
- Cochlear Limited. D1631375 Nucleus 8 Sound Processor Product Definition
- A Technical Overview of LC3 [Internet]. Bluetooth® Technology Website. [cited 2022 Feb 28]. Available from: https://www.bluetooth.com/blog/a-technical-overview-of-lc3
- Cochlear Limited. D1980144 CP1110 IEC60529 IP68 Certificate & Test Report
- Weaver, J. "Single-Sided Deafness: Causes, and Solutions, Take Many Forms." Hearing Journal 68.3 (2015): 20-24. Web. 28 Apr, 2017.