Baha® sound quality
Baha® Sound Processors are designed to help you hear clear, rich and natural sound in different environments.1
What you'll find on this page
- Discover the features that may help you or your child hear better in noisy environments
- How SmartSound® iQ technology adapts to different environments
Our technology makes hearing easier - especially in noise
Hearing clear, rich and natural sound1 may help you fully experience your environment and know what’s happening around you. It may help you hear sounds you have been missing and better locate where they came from or it can help you identify specific actions such a key turning a lock.
Every day, you move through several different hearing environments—and your sound processor should adapt automatically, so you can experience the sound around you to the fullest.
The Baha® Sound Processors feature advanced smart sound processing technology to help you or your child hear in those different environments.
Better sound quality²
The Baha System lets you experience clear, rich and natural sound.1 It manages feedback to produce less distortion3 and actively works to reduce unwanted noise.
The Cochlear™ Baha 6 Max Sound Processor helps you access a broad and dynamic range of sounds which may improve your ability to understand speech in noisy situations.4
Sound processors that adapt to your world
Our innovative SmartSound® IQ technology captures sound and automatically adapts to your environment. This way, the subtle differences of sound are provided to you, so you only need to focus on the situation you’re in.
How it works:
- Dual microphones first capture and filter the sound
- SmartSound iQ technology analyzes your surroundings and identifies the listening environment as one of seven scenes
- The technology adjusts and optimises sound automatically to deliver clear sound in different environments1
- The signal processing features work to deliver clear sound by enhancing speech, reducing noise and increasing comfort
Interested in learning more?
If you are interested in learning more about the Baha® System, we can send you an informational guide.
Please seek advice from your health professional about treatments for hearing loss. Outcomes may vary, and your health professional will advise you about the factors which could affect your outcome. Always read the instructions for use. Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative for product information.
Views expressed are those of the individual. Consult your health professional to determine if you are a candidate for Cochlear technology.
- Hoffman J. Subjective evaluation of clear rich and natural sound. Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB, Sweden. 2020; D1788013.
- Hedin A, Andersson J, Hoffman J, Björk T, Flynn M. Summary of the Cochlear™ Baha® 5 Clinical development test results. Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB, 630206, 2015
- Flynn MC. Smart and Small – innovative technologies behind the Cochlear Baha 5 Sound Processor. Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB, 629761, 2015.
- Gawliczek T, Wimmer W, Caversaccio M, Kompis M. Influence of maximum power output on speech understanding with bone anchored hearing systems. Acta Otolaryngol. 2020;140(3):225-229.