Nucleus® water-safe* accessories
Fun in and around water* is yours to enjoy with Aqua+ and your Nucleus® sound processor.
Make a splash with Aqua+
Whether you're swimming in the ocean, splashing in the pool or soaking in the bath, you want your sound processor to be safe.
Our latest cochlear implant sound processors are splash-proof, dust-proof and water resistant.*
And with Aqua+, your sound processor becomes enhanced water resistant and swimmable* as well.
Water protection for your favourite activities*
"... I'm able to take swimming lessons. I can hear my instructor underwater. Not only is it allowing me to achieve my goal that I’ve had for almost seven decades, but I’m enjoying it very much.*1
- Mary Grace, Cochlear™ Nucleus® System recipient
Enjoy swimming in the pool or at the beach
You can even enjoy snorkelling because using the Aqua+ means you can submerge your sound processor in up to three metres* of water for two hours.
Swim and splash to your heart's content
You can reuse the Aqua+ silicone sleeve up to 50 times. That's a lot of trips to the pool for parents with children.
Available for our latest Nucleus® sound processor range*,#
- Aqua+ solutions are available for both behind the ear and off the ear sound processors.
- Transforms your sound processor into a water-resistant hearing device.
- Offers protection in water up to three metres deep for two hours.
- Swim underwater, snorkel or surf with added peace of mind.
- Flexible watertight housing encases and protects your sound processor.
- Water-resistant coil connects the Nucleus 8 Sound Processor within the sleeve.^
Please seek advice from your health professional about treatments for hearing loss. Outcomes may vary, and your health professional will advise you about the factors which could affect your outcome. Always follow the directions for use. Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative for product information.
*1 Views expressed are those of the individual. Consult your health professional to determine if you are a candidate for Cochlear technology.
* The Cochlear Nucleus 8 Sound Processor is dust and water resistant to level IP68 of the International Standard IEC60529. The Nucleus 8 Sound Processor was tested to a depth of up to 1 metre for up to 1 hour. Refer to the relevant user guide for more information.
^ Some models of Aqua+ accessories require the ear hook to be removed before inserting the sound processor into the accessory. Please consult the instructions for use for more information.
# The Cochlear Nucleus Kanso 2 Sound Processor is dust and water resistant to level of IP68 of the International Standard IEC60529.