What you'll find on this page
- Discover how our hearing technology adapts to your listening environment.
- Learn how Forward Focus can help you hear speech more clearly in noisy places.5
Delivering new standards in hearing performance
Inspired by connecting you with your world, we’re driven to innovate and deliver hearing technology to help you hear your best, no matter where you are or where the day takes you.
Our sound processors feature technology that's designed to help you hear conversations clearly, particularly in noise. Whether you're walking in the park on a windy day, sitting in a work meeting or classroom, or chatting to friends in a noisy cafe, our advanced hearing technology automatically adjusts to give you the best possible listening settings.1-4
Our latest behind-the-ear sound processor, the Nucleus 8, features enhanced SmartSound® iQ 2 with SCAN 2 technology.* Our off-the-ear sound processor, the Nucleus Kanso 2, features SmartSound iQ with SCAN technology is designed to adapt to your environment removing the need to make manual adjustments.1-3
Focus on what’s important
Feel part of every conversation and immerse yourself in each moment. With ForwardFocus†, our latest sound processors reduce unwanted noise from behind you, so you can hear face-to-face conversations more clearly.
Featuring enhanced ForwardFocus, the Nucleus 8 Sound Processor is designed to more powerfully reduce background noise and can be user controlled or automated to help you focus on what's important in any situation.5,#
Connect with a volunteer
Contact someone who knows about hearing loss
Please seek advice from your health professional about treatments for hearing loss. Outcomes may vary, and your health professional will advise you about the factors which could affect your outcome. Always follow the directions for use. Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative for product information.
*1 Views expressed are those of the individual. Consult your health professional to determine if you are a candidate for Cochlear technology.
† ForwardFocus is a clinician-enabled feature that can be user-controlled or automated.
* Compared to Nucleus 6 and Nucleus 7 sound processors.
# Compared to Nucleus® 7 Sound Processor with ForwardFocus on.
- Mauger SJ, et al. Clinical outcomes with the Kanso off-the-ear cochlear implant sound processor. Int J Audiol. 2017, Apr; 56(4): 267-276. [Sponsored by Cochlear].
- Mauger SJ, et al. Clinical evaluation of the Nucleus 6 cochlear implant system: performance improvements with SmartSound iQ. Int J Audiol. 2014, Aug; 53(8): 564-576. [Sponsored by Cochlear]
- Wolfe J, et al. Benefits of Adaptive Signal Processing in a Commercially Available Cochlear Implant Sound Processor. Otol Neurotol. 2015 Aug;36(7):1181-90.
- Cochlear Limited D1864200 SCAN-X Design Description.
- Cochlear Limited. D1964109 Clinical Investigation Report CLTD5804 – Feb 2022.
- Cochlear Ltd. D1416583 CP1150 Formative Usability Report.
- Cochlear Ltd. D1650520 CP1150 Mechanical Design Verification Summary Report.