Nucleus® Kanso® 2 Sound Processor
Our latest off-the-ear sound processor: advanced connectivity and proven hearing performance technology1-4 in an award-winning, simple8 and durable9 all-in-one design.
Smart has never been so simple
Designed for active lifestyles, the Kanso 2 Sound Processor combines off-the-ear comfort with our latest connectivity features and proven hearing performance technology1-4, giving you the freedom to hear wherever life takes you.
Building on the award-winning all-in-one design of the Kanso Sound Processor5, the Kanso 2 Sound Processor introduces direct streaming* and use of the Nucleus Smart App** from compatible smartphones. It also features a built-in rechargeable battery and improved dust and water resistance+ for added peace of mind.
The world’s smallest and lightest rechargeable off-the-ear cochlear implant sound processor6, Kanso 2 is designed to be so discreet and so comfortable you’ll barely notice you’re wearing it.
Colour options to match your personal style
The Kanso 2 Sound Processor is available in five different colours, so you can choose the one that best suits you.
"I absolutely love the fact that the [Kanso 2 Sound] Processor is off the ear ... because it's very sleek, it's a very nice design, and I can wear my glasses ... without so much being on my ear."*1
- Solidea, Cochlear™ Nucleus® System recipient
Focus on what's important
Filter out background noise
Dual microphones work together to filter out background noise and provide better hearing performance in noise than a single microphone.2
Hear your best in different environments
Whether you are in a quiet room or outside on a windy day, your device will automatically adjust using SmartSound® iQ with SCAN.
Bring sound closer – no strings attached
Cochlear™ True Wireless™ Devices are accessories that may help improve your hearing experience, with options to connect directly to Cochlear Wireless Mini Microphone 2+, Cochlear Wireless Phone Clip, or Cochlear Wireless TV Streamer.
Enjoy face-to-face conversations
Activate ForwardFocus~ in the Nucleus Smart App to decrease distracting noise coming from behind you, so you can better hear the person in front of you.4
Peace of mind for parents
"She can be whatever she wants to be, and find who it is that she is going to become. Phoebe does really well at school. She has awesome teachers. She's taken off."*1
- Cynthia, mother of Phoebe, Cochlear™ Nucleus® System recipient
Made for your child's active lifestyle
Run, swim and jump around – choose from a range of optional retention accessories to ensure that your child is ready for their next adventure.
Track your child's hearing
You can find out more about how your child is using their sound processor and set personalised hearing goals with the Nucleus Smart App Hearing Tracker. You can also use the Sound Check feature to test that their Kanso 2 Sound Processor microphones are working properly.
Cochlear aims to be your partner for a lifetime of hearing. We have personalised tools and resources you can access at any time. We provide fast and convenient service, we answer your questions, and we help you get the most from your device.
Upgrading your device
If you're already a Cochlear customer and you'd like more information about upgrades, we're here to help.
Want to learn more?
If you are interested in learning more about the Nucleus® system, we can send you a free information guide.
Please seek advice from your health professional about treatments for hearing loss. Outcomes may vary, and your health professional will advise you about the factors which could affect your outcome. Always follow the directions for use. Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative for product information.
*1 Views expressed are those of the individual. Consult your health professional to determine if you are a candidate for Cochlear technology.
* The Cochlear Nucleus Kanso 2 Sound Processor is compatible with Apple and Android devices. For compatibility information visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility.
+ Compared to its predecessor model.
‡ The auto processor off feature must be configured by a clinician within the Custom Sound Pro fitting software.
^ For ReSound hearing aids capable of linking directly with the Cochlear Sound Processors for direct streaming from a compatible smartphone please visit:
~ ForwardFocus is clinician-enabled within Custom Sound® Pro fitting software and user-controlled within the Nucleus Smart App.
# The Kanso 2 Sound Processor is dust and water resistant to level of IP68 of the International Standard IEC60529 and can be continuously submerged under water to a depth of up to 1 metre for up to 1 hour. The Kanso 2 Sound Processor with Aqua+ is dust and water resistant to level of IP68 of the International Standard IEC60529 and can be continuously submerged under water to a depth of up to 3 metres for up to 2 hours. Refer to the relevant User Guides for more information.
§ The Remote Check feature of the Nucleus Smart App is available on iPhone and iPod touch. For compatibility information visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility. Please note, Remote Check is not available in all markets.
Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Watch, FaceTime, Made for iPad logo, Made for iPhone logo, Made for iPod logo, iPhone, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Android is a trademark of Google LLC. The Android robot is reproduced or modified from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Cochlear Limited is under license.
- Mauger SJ, et al. Clinical evaluation of the Nucleus 6 cochlear implant system: performance improvements with SmartSound iQ. Int J Audiol. 2014, Aug; 53(8): 564-576. [Sponsored by Cochlear].
- Mauger SJ, et al. Clinical outcomes with the Kanso off-the-ear cochlear implant sound processor. Int J Audiol. 2017, Apr;56(4): 267-276. [Sponsored by Cochlear].
- Wolfe J, et al. Benefits of Adaptive Signal Processing in a Commercially Available Cochlear Implant Sound Processor. Otol Neurotol. 2015 Aug;36(7):1181-90.
- Cochlear Limited. D1660797. CP1150 Sound Processor Interim Clinical Investigation Report. 2020; Jan.
- Good Design. 2017. Kanso® Cochlear Implant Sound Processor - Good Design. [online] Available at: https://good-design.org/projects/kanso-cochlear-implant-sound-processor [Accessed 20 April 2020].
- Cochlear Limited. D1190805. Sound Processor Size Comparison. 2020; March.
- Cochlear Limited. D1710313. CP1150 Battery Life Coverage Technical Report. 2020; Mar.
- Cochlear Ltd. D1416583 CP1150 Formative Usability Report.
- Cochlear Ltd. D1650520 CP1150 Mechanical Design Verification Summary Report.
- The Kanso 2 Sound Processor with Aqua+ is dust and water resistant to level of IP68 of the International Standard IEC60529 and can be continuously submerged under water to a depth of up to 3 metres for up to 2 hours.
- This refers to the CP 1150 headband.