Cochlear™ Kanso® 2 processor
The Cochlear™ Kanso® 2 Sound Processor is the smallest and lightest1 off-the ear solution available that has built-in technology offering direct streaming, control and connectivity with a compatible Apple or Android device.* It is designed for simplicity with an auto on/off feature or just tap the sound processor to turn it on and off; no buttons to push.
Frequently asked questions
The Cochlear Kanso 2 Sound Processor is compatible with Cochlear N24, CI24RE, CI500, Profile™ and Profile™ Plus Series Implants. It is not compatible with the Cochlear N22 Implant.
The Cochlear Kanso 2 Sound Processor offers the comfort and freedom of an off-the-ear device, with the advanced hearing performance technology and connectivity of our the Nucleus® 7 Sound Processor.2-5
With the Kanso 2 Sound Processor you can:
- Directly stream calls and your favorite music and entertainment from your compatible Apple® or Android™ device.*
- Take control of your device settings, functions, and information, and set personalized hearing goals fingertips with the Cochlear Nucleus Smart App.*
- Enjoy the added convenience of the Kanso 2 Sound Processor’s built-in rechargeable battery and new all-in-one Home Charger that wirelessly charges, dries and stores your device at the same time.
- Turn on ForwardFocus^ to help you to enjoy face-to-face conversation in challenging listening environments by reducing distracting noise coming from behind you.5
- Enjoy added peace of mind with the Kanso 2 Sound Processor’s improved dust and water resistance+, so you don’t need to worry about being caught in an unexpected rain shower!
- Check that a loved one’s sound processor microphones are working properly with the Nucleus Smart App’s Sound Check feature.*
- Benefit from auto on/off functionality designed to make your sound processor intuitively simple for you to use, and a new way to control certain device functions – simply tap your sound processor.
SmartSound® iQ with SCAN** is a powerful feature that’s built in to the Cochlear™ Nucleus® 7 and Kanso® 2 Sound Processors. Whether you’re in a noisy café, train station or airport, or walking down a busy street, it continuously analyses your surroundings and automatically adjusts to optimize your hearing in different situations. SmartSound iQ with SCAN can help you to hear sound, speech and music more clearly, even when it’s noisy or windy.2-4
Yes. Like the Cochlear Nucleus 7 Sound Processor, the Kanso 2 Sound Processor offers direct streaming from compatible Apple® and Android™ devices.* If you have a compatible Apple or Android device you can also use the Nucleus Smart App to control and monitor your Kanso 2 Sound Processor.*
Yes. The Cochlear Kanso 2 Sound Processor is compatible with Cochlear True Wireless devices like the Mini Microphone 2+, the Wireless Phone Clip and the Wireless TV Streamer. True Wireless means that you can enjoy your favorite TV shows, pair with Bluetooth® devices such as laptops, and hear your best in noisy environments without the addition of neckloops or attachments to the sound processor.
The Kanso 2 Sound Processor features a powerful, integrated rechargeable battery that you can rely on for all-day hearing.#,6
Daily battery life varies for every user and is dependent on a variety of factors, including MAP settings, environmental sounds, the programs, functions and accessories used each day. It also depends on your implant type and the thickness of skin covering your implant.
Streaming from compatible Apple® or Android™ devices* and using True Wireless devices may also decrease sound processor battery life depending on how often and for how long streaming is engaged.
Yes. The Cochlear Kanso 2 Sound Processor features high dust and water-resistance rating+, so you don’t have to worry about being caught in an unexpected rain shower or dusty room.
When you add the security of Aqua+ your Kanso 2 Sound Processor becomes waterproof+, so you can dive right in and enjoy the sound of the splash! Aqua+ provides your Kanso 2 Sound Processor with an additional layer of protection that’s perfect for swimming or other water-based activities. With Aqua+ your Kanso 2 Sound Processor can be submerged for three metres for up to two hours in salt, fresh or chlorinated water.
To use Aqua+ for the Kanso 2 Sound Processor, follow the instructions in the User Guide. There is also an instructional animation to help you use the accessory. Visit https://support.cochlear.com/ for more information.
This material is intended for health professionals. If you are a consumer, please seek advice from your health professional about treatments for hearing loss. Outcomes may vary, and your health professional will advise you about the factors which could affect your outcome. Always read the instructions for use. Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative for product information.
Android and Google Play are registered trademarks of Google Inc.
Apple, the Apple logo, FaceTime, Made for iPad logo, Made for iPhone logo, Made for iPod logo, iPhone, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Cochlear is under license.
The Kanso 2 Sound Processor uses Sound Check in the Nucleus Smart App.
With compatible ReSound hearing aids. A list of compatible hearing aids is available at www.cochlear.com/compatibility.
*The Cochlear Kanso 2 Sound Processor is compatible with Apple and Android devices. The Cochlear Nucleus Smart App is available on App Store and Google Play. For compatibility information visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility.
**It is recommended that SNR-NR, WNR and SCAN be made available to any recipient, ages 6 and older, who is able to 1) complete objective speech perception testing in quiet and noise in order to demonstrate and document performance and 2) report a preference for different program settings.
^ForwardFocus can only be enabled by a hearing implant specialist. It should only be activated for users 12 years and older who are able to reliably provide feedback on sound quality and understand how to use the feature when moving to different or changing environments. It may be possible to have decreased speech understanding when using ForwardFocus in a quiet environment.
+The Kanso 2 Sound Processor is dust and water resistant to level IP68 of the International Standard IEC60529. With the Aqua+ accessory, the Kanso 2 Sound Processor is water resistant to level of IP68 of the International Standard IEC60529 and can be continuously submerged under water to a depth of up to 3 metres for up to 2 hours. Refer to the relevant User Guide for more information.
#All day hearing is defined as 16 hours, expected battery life is up to 18 hours. Battery life may vary by individual.
- Cochlear Ltd. D1190805 Sound Processor Size Comparison. 2020; March. Data on file
- Mauger SJ, et al. Clinical evaluation of the Nucleus 6 cochlear implant system: performance improvements with SmartSound iQ. Int J Audiol. 2014, Aug; 53(8): 564-576. [Sponsored by Cochlear].
- Mauger SJ, Jones M, Nel E, Del Dot J. Clinical outcomes with the Nucleus Kanso off-the-ear cochlear implant sound processor. Int J Audiol. 2017, Apr; 56(4): 267-276. [Sponsored by Cochlear].
- Wolfe J, et al. Benefits of Adaptive Signal Processing in a Commercially Available Cochlear Implant Sound Processor. Otol Neurotol. 2015 Aug;36(7):1181-90.
- Cochlear Ltd. D1660797. CP1150 Sound Processor Interim Clinical Investigation Report. 2020; Jan.
- Cochlear Ltd. D1710313 CP1150 Battery Life Coverage Technical Report. 2020; Mar.