Nucleus® smartphone compatibility
Connect with the people you love and the world around you.
What you'll find on this page
- The benefits of direct smartphone connectivity.
- What the Nucleus® Smart App offers.
- Remote Care.
Step into a more connected world
Discover new ways to connect with your world. Experience the proven hearing benefits of streaming audio directly to your sound processor with the Cochlear™ Nucleus 8 and Kanso® 2 sound processors.1-4 Compatible with Apple or Android™ devices,* stream your favourite entertainment and phone calls directly to your sound processor without the need for extra accessories.
Ready for next-generation Bluetooth® LE Audio technology, the Nucleus 8 Sound Processor will make it easier to bring sound to you – in more places and from more devices than ever before.4-6,^ You'll be able to connect directly to what's being broadcast at public venues such as airports, conference centres and theatres supporting Bluetooth Auracast™.
Convenient control with the Nucleus Smart App
Personalise your hearing experience in everyday moments with the Nucleus Smart App. Using a compatible smart device,* fine tune your program settings to hear better in noisy situations, set daily goals for listening to speech and use the Hearing Tracker to check how long you spend listening to speech.
For added peace of mind, use the Find My Processor feature to locate a misplaced sound processor, or set up notifications to alert you if the coil has come off the magnet.
- Connect and adjust your sound processor settings
- Locate a misplaced sound processor
- Nucleus Smart App compatible with Apple Watch
To experience all the features of the Nucleus Smart App, download for free via the Apple App Store or the Google Play store.
Quality care, anywhere with Cochlear™ Remote Care
With Cochlear™ Remote Care you can have hearing health checks and video appointments with your hearing health professional from home, at work, or when you’re away. Once your clinician enrolls you in Remote Care#, you can use Cochlear Remote Check to complete a hearing review, or Cochlear Remote Assist to have a video appointment.
Next time you need an appointment, ask your clinician about Remote Care.
Please seek advice from your health professional about treatments for hearing loss. Outcomes may vary, and your health professional will advise you about the factors which could affect your outcome. Always follow the directions for use. Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative for product information.
In Australia, Cochlear™ Nucleus® implant systems are intended for the treatment of moderately severe to profound hearing loss.
In Australia, Baha® bone conduction implant systems are intended for the treatment of moderate to profound hearing loss.
In Australia, the Cochlear™ Osia® System is indicated for patients with conductive, mixed hearing loss and single-sided sensorineural deafness (SSD) aged 10 years and above with up to 55 decibels sensorineural hearing loss. Patients should have sufficient bone quality and quantity to support successful implant placement. Surgery is required to use this product. Any surgical procedure carries risk.
For Cochlear™ Nucleus®, Osia® and Baha® systems: This product is not available for purchase by the general public. For information on funding and reimbursement please contact your health care professional.
Any testimonial featured on this website is intended for an Australian audience only.
* For information regarding the compatibility of Cochlear’s Sound Processors with Apple or Android devices, and True Wireless Devices, visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility
^ When this technology becomes available a firmware update to your sound processor will allow you to connect to Bluetooth LE Audio compatible devices.
# For information regarding the sound processors, implants, operating systems and devices that are compatible with Cochlear's Remote Care services, visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility
Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Watch, FaceTime, Made for iPad logo, Made for iPhone logo, Made for iPod logo, iPhone, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Android, Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
- Wolfe J, et al. Evaluation of a wireless audio streaming accessory to improve mobile telephone performance of cochlear implant users. International Journal of Audiology. (2016) ;55(2):75-82
- Wolfe J, et al. Improving hearing performance for cochlear implant recipients with use of a digital, wireless, remote-microphone, audio-streaming accessory. J Am Acad Audiol. (2015 Jun); 26(6):532-9.
- Chris D. Warren, Esti Nel & Paul J. Boyd (2019): Controlled comparative clinical trial of hearing benefit outcomes for users of the Cochlear™ Nucleus® 7 Sound Processor with mobile connectivity, Cochlear Implants International, DOI: 10.1080/14670100.2019
- Cochlear Limited. D1631375 Nucleus 8 Sound Processor Product Definition
- Hunn N. Introducing Bluetooth® LE Audio [Internet]. [cited 2022 Jan]. Available from: https://www.bluetooth.com/learn-about-bluetooth/recent-enhancements/le-audio/
- A Technical Overview of LC3 [Internet]. Bluetooth® Technology Website. [cited 2022 Feb 28]. Available from: https://www.bluetooth.com/blog/a-technical-overview-of-lc3