Upgrade to the Nucleus® 8 Sound Processor
Smaller, smarter and better connected, the Nucleus® 8 Sound Processor opens up a world of new possibilities. [1-4,^]
The world’s smallest got even smaller
Experience next-level comfort with the Nucleus® 8 Sound Processor, the world’s smallest and lightest behind-the-ear sound processor.
With a new device that's 15% smaller than its predecessor± and 32% smaller than the Nucleus 6 Sound Processor*, you're free to work, play and relax throughout the day.
Your best hearing experience yet
Designed to help you hear your best in any environment, the Nucleus® 8 Sound Processor features enhanced SmartSound iQ 2 with SCAN 2 technology [3, 5-7] and improved ForwardFocus^^. These smarter features sense changes in your environment and automatically adjust for clearer sound while also reducing distracting background noises so you can move through your day with confidence – no matter where it takes you.
Step into a more connected world
Experience the proven benefits of streaming sound directly to your sound processor, including compatible** Apple and Android™ devices. [8,10-12]
Ready for next-generation Bluetooth® LE Audio connectivity¥, your new sound processor will be able to bring sound to you – in more places and from more devices than ever before. [4,8,9]
You'll be able to connect to what's being broadcast at airports, conference centers, theaters and more public venues supporting Bluetooth® Auracast™ broadcast audio.
Your Nucleus 8 Sound Processor upgrade kit
- 1 Sound processor
- 1 Magnet
- 2 Slimline coils
- 1 Earhook (large size for adults and small size for pediatrics)
- 1 Standard rechargeable battery module
- 1 Disposable battery pack (pack of 6)
- 1 Cochlear Y Charger and Plug Pack
- Microphone protectors (1 pack of 2)
- Ready to wear
- Optional, but free of charge: Hugfit or Snugfit
One item included in your upgrade
From adjusting sound functions on the go and charging your sound processor anywhere, the Function bundle is packed with accessories that boost sound effectiveness and keep you powered, ensuring you’re always prepared for what’s next.
Dive headfirst into water sports and off-the-grid adventures with the Action bundle. Featuring an array of accessories to protect your sound processor through water, dirt, dust and movement, this bundle ensures your sound processor stays charged, dry and protected so you can make the most of every activity.
Hear better in challenging situations and enjoy crisp, clear stereo sound without disturbing others with the Connection bundle, which features everything media and communication enthusiasts need to enhance their favorite programs and catch up with friends and family.
From personalized stickers to water-safe accessories, the accessory bundle designed for our youngest recipients is equipped with everything your child needs to hear their best at home, in school, and throughout all of their unique passions.
Nucleus 8 bundle
Function and action combine in the Nucleus 8 bundle, which features the Aqua+ kit and power extend rechargeable battery, specifically designed to the unique size and shape of the Nucleus 8 Sound Processor
^ Compared to previous sound processors Nucleus 6 and Nucleus 7.
± Comparison made using the Compact Battery Module for Nucleus 8 Sound Processor and the Compact Rechargeable Battery for Nucleus 7 Sound Processor.
* Comparison made using the Compact Battery Module with Nucleus 8 Sound Processor and with the Nucleus 6 (CP910) Sound Processor.
^^ ForwardFocus is a clinician-enabled feature that can be user-controlled or automated. ForwardFocus can only be enabled by a hearing implant specialist. It should only be activated for users 12 years and older who are able to reliably provide feedback on sound quality and understand how to use the feature when moving to different or changing environments. It may be possible to have decreased speech understanding when using ForwardFocus in a quiet environment. It is recommended that SNR-NR, WNR, and SCAN be made available to any recipient, ages 6 and older, who is able to 1) complete objective speech perception testing in quiet and noise in order to determine and document performance and 2) report a preference for different program settings.
** The Cochlear Nucleus 8 Sound Processor is compatible with Apple and Android devices. The Cochlear Nucleus Smart App is available on App Store and Google Play. For compatibility information visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility.
¥ When the technology becomes available for the Cochlear Nucleus 8 Sound Processor, a firmware update to your sound processor will allow you to connect to Bluetooth LE Audio compatible devices.
Please seek advice from your health professional about treatments for hearing loss. Outcomes may vary, and your health professional will advise you about the factors which could affect your outcome. Always read the instructions for use. Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative for product information.
- Cochlear Limited. D1190805 Processor Size Comparison. 2022, May.
- Cochlear Limited D1864200 SCAN-2 Design Description. 2022, Apr.
- Cochlear Limited. D1964109 CLTD5804 Clinical Investigation Report – Feb 2022.
- Hunn N. Introducing Bluetooth® LE Audio [Internet]. [Cited 2022 Jan]. Available from: https://www.bluetooth.com/learn-about-bluetooth/recent-enhancements/le-audio/
- Mauger SJ, Warren C, Knight M, Goorevich M, Nel E. Clinical evaluation of the Nucleus 6 cochlear implant system: performance improvements with SmartSound iQ. International Journal Of Audiology. 2014, Aug; 53(8): 564-576. [Sponsored by Cochlear].
- Mauger S, Jones M, Nel E, Del Dot J. Clinical outcomes with the Kanso™ off- the-ear cochlear implant sound processor. International Journal Of Audiology. 2017, Jan 9; 1-10. [Sponsored by Cochlear]
- Wolfe J, Neumann S, Marsh M, Schafer E, Lianos L, Gilden J, O'Neill L, Arkis P, Menapace C, Nel E, Jones M. Benefits of Adaptive Signal Processing in a Commercially Available Cochlear Implant Sound Processor. Otol Neurotol. 2015 Aug;36(7):1181-90. [Sponsored by Cochlear]
- Cochlear Limited. D1631375 Nucleus 8 Sound Processor Product Definition.
- A Technical Overview of LC3 [Internet]. Bluetooth® Technology Website. [Cited 2022 Feb 28]. Available from: https://www.bluetooth.com/blog/a-technical-overview-of-lc3
- Wolfe J, et al. Evaluation of a wireless audio streaming accessory to improve mobile telephone performance of cochlear implant users. International Journal of Audiology. 2016;55(2):75-82.
- Wolfe J, et al. Improving hearing performance for cochlear implant recipients with use of a digital, wireless, remote-microphone, audio-streaming accessory. J Am Acad Audiol. 2015 Jun;26(6):532-9.
- Warren C, Nel E, and Boyd P. Controlled comparative clinical trial of hearing benefit outcomes for users of the Cochlear™ Nucleus® 7 Sound Processor with mobile connectivity. Cochlear Implants International (2019 Feb); 20(3).
The Nucleus 8 Sound Processor is compatible with Nucleus Profile Series, CI500 Series CI24RE (Freedom) Series, CI24R Implants. The Nucleus 8 Sound Processor is not compatible with the Nucleus® 22 (N22) Implant.
Please seek advice from your health professional about treatments for hearing loss. Outcomes may vary, and your health professional will advise you about the factors which could affect your outcome. Always follow the directions for use. Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative for product information.
Android is a trademark of Google LLC.
Apple is a trademark, and the App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
The Bluetooth® and Auracast™ word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Cochlear Limited is under license.