What you'll find on this page
Extra security when you need it
Cochlear™ Sound Processors are designed to fit comfortably and securely no matter what you're doing. But if you want extra reassurance when you're being more active or adventurous, Cochlear offers you or your child some accessories to help keep the sound processor in place.
"During gymnastics, she would wear a Hugfit™ which helped secure the sound processor on. This year has been a very successful one and she aims to reach as high as she can in gymnastics."
-Aimee C. -Parent of Nucleus® recipient
Options for Nucleus® 7 Sound Processor
We provide retention options to help keep the sound processor securely on your head, especially during physical activities and sports. The Nucleus® 7 Sound Processor has retention options for adults and children that include:
- Snugfit — helps tighten the sound processor on the ear, especially for active adults and children. The Snugfit comes in three convenient sizes to fit your ear (small, medium and large).
- Hugfit™ — helps secure the sound processor on even the smallest of ears with a soft, flexible tube. The Hugfit is available in three sizes including small, extra small and extra extra small to suit small ears.
- Koala Clip — clip-on retention device for babies and younger children.
- Safety Cord — provides a convenient way to ensure your sound processor doesn’t get lost if it comes off your ear.
- Earhooks — comfortably secures the sound processor to your ear.
- Pediatric Headband — an optional accessory that holds your Nucleus® Sound Processors in place.
Options for Kanso® 2 Sound Processor
The Kanso® 2 Sound Processor has retention options for adults and children that include:
- Long Safety Line with Alligator Clip — can attach to your clothing, reducing risk of losing your sound processor.*
- Short Safety Line with Hair Clip — a more discreet retention option that clips onto your hair.
- Kanso 2 Headband — an optional accessory that holds the Kanso 2 Sound Processor in place. It holds one or two Kanso 2 Sound Processors.
- Kanso Halo — an optional accessory that provides increased sound processor retention during high-energy activities.
Options for Baha® 6 Max Sound Processor
The Baha® 6 Max Sound Processor retention accessory includes:
- Long Safety Line with Alligator Clip — can attach to your clothing*
Options for the Baha 5 SuperPower Sound Processor
- Earhook+ — secures the sound processing unit in place behind your ear in an under the ear configuration. The Earhook+ comes in one size and is adjustable.
- Snugfit — helps to tighten the sound processor on the ear. The Snugfit comes in three convenient sizes to fit your ear (small, medium and large).
- Litewear™ — provides more comfort and less weight on the ear by having the sound processor worn on the body instead of behind the ear. This is particularly beneficial for small children.
- Mic Lock — this secures the sound processor comfortably on your ear with a light, clear band.
Options for Osia® 2 Sound Processor
The Osia 2 Sound Processor retention options include:
- Long Safety Line with Alligator Clip* — can attach to your clothing
- Short Safety Line with Hair Clip – a more discreet retention option
- Cochlear Headband – an optional accessory that holds the sound processor in place and is available in a variety of fun colors
* Retention lines longer than the Safety Line (standard length) are not recommended for use by children as they may present a risk of strangulation.
Please seek advice from your medical practitioner or health professional about treatments for hearing loss. They will be able to advise on a suitable solution for the hearing loss condition. All products should be used only as directed by your medical practitioner or health professional. Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative.
Views expressed by Cochlear recipients and hearing health providers are those of the individual. Consult your hearing health provider to determine if you are a candidate for cochlear technology and to understand the associated risks and benefits. Individual results may vary.
ACE, Advance Off-Stylet, AOS, AutoNRT, Autosensitivity, Beam, Button, CareYourWay, Carina, Cochlear, 科利耳, コクレア, Cochlear SoftWear, Codacs, ConnectYourWay, Contour, Contour Advance, Custom Sound, ESPrit, Freedom, Hear now. And always, HearYourWay, Hugfit, Hybrid, Invisible Hearing, Kanso, MET, MicroDrive, MP3000, myCochlear, mySmartSound, NRT, Nucleus, Off-Stylet, Slimline, SmartSound, Softip, SPrint, True Wireless, the elliptical logo, WearYourWay and Whisper are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Cochlear Limited. Ardium, Baha, Baha SoftWear, BCDrive, DermaLock, EveryWear, Vistafix, and WindShield are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB.