What you will find on this page
- Direct streaming from your compatible Apple or Android device*
- Learn about the features and benefits of the Nucleus Smart App
- Try out the interactive Smart App demo
Connect without compromise directly from your smartphone
The Cochlear™ Nucleus® Sound Processors feature built-in technology that lets you stream sound directly from a compatible Apple or Android device* without the need for any attachments to the sound processor. This means that you can stream your favorite movies, TV shows, music and more directly to your sound processor without sacrificing size, comfort or battery life.
What if I don’t have a smartphone?
If you don't use a smartphone, you can easily stream phone calls, music and more directly to your Nucleus Sound Processor by using the True Wireless™ Phone Clip—which clips onto your clothing, no cords or strings attached.
“The Nucleus Smart App is amazing because I can monitor my son’s battery life, start streaming from his wireless accessories like the Mini Mic and we can find his lost sound processor if he loses it in the park. I love it, it's great!”
- Candesia F. - Mother of Nucleus recipient
Convenient control with the Nucleus Smart App
The Nucleus® Smart App* is designed to provide you with a convenient and easy way to tailor your hearing to your personal preferences—all from your compatible Apple or Android smartphone or Apple Watch®. With the Nucleus Smart App, you can quickly and easily:
- Access personalized hearing information with the Hearing Tracker
- Quickly change programs or volume and check battery life without carrying a separate Remote Control
- Get help finding your sound processor if you misplace it
- Start wireless streaming to your Cochlear™ True Wireless™ accessories
- Fine tune your hearing experience by adjusting Master Bass, Volume and Treble
- Set up notifications to alert you if the coil is off (Nucleus 7 Sound Processor only)
- Confirm that your child's Kanso® 2 Sound Processor microphones are receiving sound with Sound Check
- Engage with your audiologist using Remote Check^
See how the Nucleus Smart App works
Try out some of the features by tapping or clicking the highlighted buttons in the interactive demo.
Cochlear Nucleus smart connectivity
Learn more about connectivity and the ability to control your sound processor directly from a compatible smartphone.*
Peace of mind with the Hearing Tracker and Find My Processor features
We all misplace things or forget where we put them. With the Nucleus Smart App, you can locate a lost Nucleus Sound Processor using the GPS functionality that tells you the last location the sound processor had contact with your compatible smartphone.
Another feature on the Nucleus Smart App is the Hearing Tracker. This feature provides you with direct access to important information such as time when the coil is off and the time in speech. For parents, this helps measure that your loved one is hearing, especially when you are not with them.
The Hearing Tracker information along with the built-in data logging functionality of the sound processor helps your audiologist troubleshoot and make adjustments.
Get your hearing checked from the comfort of your home
Cochlear is the only hearing implant company to offer Remote Check.^ This service that can be provided by your audiologist, is accessed through the Nucleus Smart App and allows your audiologist to check the status of your hearing through a series of tests and steps completed through the app. Once you have completed the steps, your results are sent securely to your audiologist who will determine if an in-person appointment is needed. This could save you time and money for travel if an appointment is not mandatory.