Quality hearing performance
Whether at home with family or out with friends, you or your child can benefit from sound processing technology that automatically adjusts to the surroundings, and experience quality hearing performance.1-3
And with fixed directional dual-microphone technology, it can help reduce sound from behind and to the sides to enhance understanding of speech, even in noisy environments.1-3
Dedicated to quality
The Nucleus 7 S Sound Processor is dust-proof, splash-proof** and can withstand tough environments.4,5
And with connectivity from compatible Android™ devices*, audio can be streamed directly to the sound processor without the need for extra accessories. Powered with an efficient processing chip, you or your child can benefit from long battery life6, and be ready for the day ahead.
The Nucleus 7 S Sound Processor comes in three colours: Black, Brown and Sand.
Directly stream educational resources and entertainment
We understand how important it is to connect with loved ones and engage in the moments that matter.
With a compatible Android™ device*, you or your child can stream rehabilitation activities, educational apps, music, podcasts and more, directly to the Nucleus 7 S Sound Processor - without the need for extra accessories.
If you don't have a compatible smartphone or tablet, you can stream calls and music with the Cochlear Wireless Phone Clip.
Take control with the Nucleus Smart App
With the Nucleus Smart App you can monitor hearing progress and adjust sound processor settings. The app can even help find a misplaced sound processor.
You can do all this with the Nucleus Smart App, designed for the Nucleus 7 S Sound Processor and compatible Android devices.
Peace of mind for parents
"If he ever loses his processor... we can use the ‘find my processor’ feature and we’ll be able to locate it.”*1
- Candisha and Danny, Parents of Justin, Cochlear System recipient
Peace of mind with Find My Processor
Locate your child's missing sound processor with the Nucleus Smart App.
Check your child's sound processor use
Use the Hearing Tracker^ feature for access to important information about your child's hearing with the Nucleus Smart App.
Whether it's on the field, in the playground or in water, there are accessories that help sound processors stay in place and protected.
Our enduring commitment
<p>Our commitment is to be there for you or your child throughout the hearing journey. We have personalised tools and resources they can get at any time. We provide fast and convenient service, we answer their questions, and we help them get the most from their Cochlear device.</p>
Want to learn more?
If you are interested in learning more about the Nucleus 7 S Sound Processor, we can send you a brochure today.
Upgrading your device
If you're already a Cochlear customer and you'd like more information about upgrades, we're here to help.
Please seek advice from your health professional about treatments for hearing loss. Outcomes may vary, and your health professional will advise you about the factors which could affect your outcome. Always read the instructions for use. Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative for product information.
Views expressed are those of the individual. Consult your health professional to determine if you are a candidate for Cochlear technology.
* For compatibility information and devices visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility.
** Nucleus 7 S is dust-proof and splash-proof (IP57) and can be made water-proof (IP68) with a Cochlear water protection accessory. The Nucleus 7 S Sound Processor is protected against water to level IP57 of the International Standard IEC60529. This protection only applies when you use a Cochlear Standard Rechargeable Battery Module.
^ The 'Coil off' data in the Hearing Tracker within the Nucleus Smart App is not available for Nucleus 22 implant recipients.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Cochlear Limited is under license.
Android is a trademark of Google LLC. The Android robot is reproduced or modified from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
The Nucleus 7 S Sound Processor is compatible with Android devices. For compatibility information visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility.
The Nucleus Smart App is available on Google Play. For compatibility information visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility.
- Sivonen V et al. The efficacy of microphone directionality in improving speech recognition in noise for three commercial cochlear-implant systems, Cochlear Implants International, 2020; 21:3, 153-159.
- Warren C, Nel E, Boyd P. Controlled comparative clinical trial of hearing benefit outcomes for users of the Cochlear™ Nucleus 7 Sound Processor with mobile connectivity. Cochlear Implants Int. (2019 May); 20(3):116–126.
- Cochlear Limited. D1296247. CLTD 5620 Clinical Evaluation of Nucleus 7 Cochlear Implant System.
- Cochlear Limited. D1760611. CP1001 and CP1002 Reliability and Characterization Mechanical Test Report. October 2020.
- Cochlear Limited. D1769014. CP1001 and CP1002 Processing Unit and CP1001 & CP1002 Aqua+ Accessory Environmental Design Verification Report. September 2020.
- Cochlear Limited. D1140877. Battery Life and Power Consumption Comparison between CP1000, CP900 Series and CP810 Sound Processors. October 2017.
- Razza S, et al. Evaluation of speech reception threshold in noise in young Cochlear Nucleus SYstem 6 implant recipients using two different digital remote microphone technologies and a speech enhancement sound processing algorithm. Int Journal Pediat Otorhinolaryngology, 2017; oct;103:71-75
- Jones. M, Hearing in Noise Benefit Using the Cochlear Mini Microphone 2+ with Nucleus Sound Processors, CI2017 Pediatric 15th Symposium on Cochlear Implants in Children, San Francisco, CA. 2017; July