Nucleus® smartphone compatibility
Adults and children can connect with the people they love and the world around them.
What you'll find on this page
- The benefits of direct smartphone connectivity.
- What the Nucleus® Smart App offers.
- Remote Care.
Step into a more connected world
Adults and children can discover new discover new ways to connect with their world. They can experience the proven hearing benefits of streaming audio directly to their sound processor with the Cochlear™ Nucleus 8 and Kanso® 2 sound processors.1-4 Compatible with Apple or Android™ devices,* favourite entertainment and phone calls can be streamed directly to a sound processor without the need for extra accessories.
Ready for next-generation Bluetooth® LE Audio technology, the Nucleus 8 Sound Processor will make it easier to bring sound to an individual - in more places and from more devices than ever before.4-6,^ Adults and children will be able to connect directly to what's being broadcast at public venues such as airports, conference centres and theatres supporting Bluetooth Auracast™.
Convenient control with the Nucleus Smart App
Adults and children can personalise their hearing experience in everyday moments with the Nucleus Smart App. Using a compatible smart device,* fine tune your program settings to hear better in noisy situations, set daily goals for listening to speech and use the Hearing Tracker to check how they've spent spend listening to speech.
For added peace of mind, the Find My Processor feature can be used to locate a misplaced sound processor, or set up notifications to alert if the coil has come off the magnet.
- Connect and adjust the sound processor settings
- Locate a misplaced sound processor
- Nucleus Smart App compatible with Apple Watch
To experience all the features of the Nucleus Smart App, download for free via the Apple App Store or the Google Play store.
Please seek advice from your health professional about treatments for hearing loss. Outcomes may vary, and your health professional will advise you about the factors which could affect your outcome. Always follow the directions for use. Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative for product information.
* For information regarding the compatibility of Cochlear’s Sound Processors with Apple or Android devices, and True Wireless Devices, visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility
^ When this technology becomes available a firmware update to your sound processor will allow you to connect to Bluetooth LE Audio compatible devices.
# For information regarding the sound processors, implants, operating systems and devices that are compatible with Cochlear's Remote Care services, visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility
Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Watch, FaceTime, Made for iPad logo, Made for iPhone logo, Made for iPod logo, iPhone, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Android, Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC..
- Wolfe J, et al. Evaluation of a wireless audio streaming accessory to improve mobile telephone performance of cochlear implant users. International Journal of Audiology. (2016);55(2):75-82
- Wolfe J, et al. Improving hearing performance for cochlear implant recipients with use of a digital, wireless, remote-microphone, audio-streaming accessory. J Am Acad Audiol. (2015 Jun); 26(6):532-9.
- Chris D. Warren, Esti Nel & Paul J. Boyd (2019): Controlled comparative clinical trial of hearing benefit outcomes for users of the Cochlear™ Nucleus® 7 Sound Processor with mobile connectivity, Cochlear Implants International, DOI: 10.1080/14670100.2019
- Cochlear Limited. D1631375 Nucleus 8 Sound Processor Product Definition
- Hunn N. Introducing Bluetooth® LE Audio [Internet]. [cited 2022 Jan]. Available from: https://www.bluetooth.com/learn-about-bluetooth/recent-enhancements/le-audio/
- A Technical Overview of LC3 [Internet]. Bluetooth® Technology Website. [cited 2022 Feb 28]. Available from: https://www.bluetooth.com/blog/a-technical-overview-of-lc3