Nucleus® sound processors
Benefit from award-winning technology* that can help adults and children hear their best, connect to people they love and experience a world of possibilities.
From catching up with a friend over coffee, enjoying a family celebration, to a classroom or office discussion, life is full of opportunities to engage with others.
Whether adults and children prefer the Nucleus® 8 Sound Processor which sits behind-the-ear, or the Nucleus Kanso® 2 Sound Processor which sits off-the-ear, we offer a choice of sound processors designed make it easier for adults and children to connect, communicate and hear each moment.1-5
Learn more about Nucleus sound processors and the different options and features available.
"When I talk about ‘be everything you can be’, I think that the cochlear implant gives us a chance. With it, we can hear more voices, do more things, communicate with people and be connected with the world."
- Liu, Cochlear™ Nucleus® System recipient
Compare Nucleus® sound processors
Whether they choose a Cochlear™ sound processor that sits behind-the-ear or off-the-ear, adults and children can be sure they're getting the right technology to help them hear well.
Nucleus® 8 Sound Processor
Smaller, smarter and better connected, the Nucleus® 8 Sound Processor opens up a world of possibilities.
Nucleus® smart sound processing technology
Whether in a restaurant, playground or office, our latest Nucleus sound processors are designed to help adults and children hear their best. Featuring smart hearing technology, a device automatically adapts to the environment.
This material is intended for health professionals. If you are a consumer, please seek advice from your health professional about treatments for hearing loss. Outcomes may vary, and your health professional will advise you about the factors which could affect your outcome. Always follow the instructions for use. Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative for product information.
For information regarding the compatibility of Cochlear’s Sound Processors with Apple or Android devices, visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility.
* The Nucleus Kanso 2 Sound Processor received the Good Design Award 2021 and the Nucleus 7 Sound Processor received the Good Design Award 2018 and Red Dot Award 2018.
- Cochlear Limited. D1864200 SCAN 2 Design Description. 2022, Apr.
- Mauger SJ, Warren C, Knight M, Goorevich M, Nel E. Clinical evaluation of the Nucleus 6 cochlear implant system: performance improvements with SmartSound iQ. International Journal Of Audiology (2014 Aug); 53(8): 564-576. [Sponsored by Cochlear]
- Mauger S, Jones M, Nel E, Del Dot J. Clinical outcomes with the Kanso™ off- the-ear cochlear implant sound processor. International Journal Of Audiology (2017 Jan 9); 1-10. [Sponsored by Cochlear]
- Wolfe J, Neumann S, Marsh M, Schafer E, Lianos L, Gilden J, O'Neill L, Arkis P, Menapace C, Nel E, Jones M. Benefits of Adaptive Signal Processing in a Commercially Available Cochlear Implant Sound Processor. Otol Neurotol (2015 Aug); 36(7):1181-90. [Sponsored by Cochlear]
- Cochlear Limited. D1932780. Cochlear Nucleus Reliability Report, Volume 20 Dec 2021.