What you will find on this page
- Learn more about the retention options for Nucleus® Sound Processors
- Find out what retention options are available for Baha® Sound Processors
- Discover retention options for Osia® Sound Processor
Extra security when you need it
Cochlear™ Sound Processors are designed to fit comfortably and securely no matter what you're doing. But if you want extra reassurance when you're being more active or adventurous, Cochlear offers you or your child some accessories to help keep the sound processor in place.
"During gymnastics, she would wear a Hugfit™ which helped secure the sound processor on. This year has been a very successful one and she aims to reach as high as she can in gymnastics."
-Aimee C. -Parent of Nucleus® recipient
Nucleus® 8 Sound Processor options
We provide retention options to help keep the sound processor securely on your head, especially during physical activities and sports. The Nucleus® 8 Sound Processor has retention options for adults and children that include:
- Snugfit: helps tighten the sound processor on the ear, especially for active adults and children. The Snugfit comes in three convenient sizes to fit your ear (small, medium and large).
- Koala Clip: clip-on retention device for babies and younger children.
- Safety Cord: provides a convenient way to ensure your sound processor doesn’t get lost if it comes off your ear.
- Safety Lines & Safety Line Hair Clips: Reduce the risk of losing your sound processor. These are a great option to provide the extra security you need when on the go.
- Earhooks: comfortably secures the sound processor to your ear. Young children may want to try the “small” earhook for comfort. We offer a variety of earhooks for your specific need.
- Hugfit™: helps secure the sound processor on even the smallest of ears with a soft, flexible tube.
- Pediatric Headband: an optional accessory that holds the sound processor in place.
- The Cochlear Earmould Adaptor allows you to attach a custom earmold to your sound processor as an option for children or those who are comfortable using an earmold, such as former hearing aid users. (Note, the custom earmold is not supplied by Cochlear.)
Nucleus Kanso® 2 Sound Processor options
The Kanso® 2 Sound Processor has retention options for adults and children that include:
- Short Safety Line with Hair Clip: a more discreet retention option that clips onto your hair.
- Long Safety Line with Alligator Clip: can attach to your clothing, reducing risk of losing your sound processor.*
- Kanso 2 Headband: an optional accessory that holds the Kanso 2 Sound Processor in place. It holds one or two Kanso 2 Sound Processors.
- Kanso Halo: an optional accessory that provides increased sound processor retention during high-energy activities.
Baha® Sound Processor options
The Baha® 6 Max Sound Processor retention accessory includes:
- Long Safety Line with Alligator Clip: can attach to your clothing*
Baha 5 SuperPower Sound Processor options include:
- Earhook+: secures the sound processing unit in place behind your ear in an under the ear configuration. The Earhook+ comes in one size and is adjustable.
- Snugfit: helps to tighten the sound processor on the ear. The Snugfit comes in three convenient sizes to fit your ear (small, medium and large).
- LiteWear: provides more comfort and less weight on the ear by having the sound processor worn on the body instead of behind the ear. This is particularly beneficial for small children.
- Mic Lock: this secures the sound processor comfortably on your ear with a light, clear band.
Osia® Sound Processor options
The Osia 2 Sound Processor retention options include:
- Long Safety Line with Alligator Clip: can attach to your clothing.*
- Short Safety Line with Hair Clip: a more discreet retention option.
- Cochlear Headband: an optional accessory that holds the sound processor in place and is available in a variety of fun colors.
Please seek advice from your health professional about treatments for hearing loss. Outcomes may vary, and your health professional will advise you about the factors which could affect your outcome. Always read the instructions for use. Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative for product information.
Views expressed are those of the individual. Consult your health professional to determine if you are a candidate for Cochlear technology.
*Retention lines longer than the Safety Line (standard length) are not recommended for use by children as they may present a risk of strangulation.