Contour Advance® Electrode
- For Severe to Profound Hearing Loss
- True innovation with the industry’s longest standing perimodiolar electrode
- Proven Perimodiolar Placement
The Contour Advance gets you close to the hearing nerve through its unique stylet based design. With the Advance Off-Stylet® technique, you can achieve an insertion with minimal lateral wall trauma1 to maximize performance outcomes.2 Proximity to the spiral ganglion cell population has been proven to provide targeted stimulation and minimize physiological factors correlated to the distance from the modiolus.3,4Download brochure
Softip™ for minimal insertion trauma
White marker assists Advance Off–Stylet (AOS™) insertion
22 half–banded platinum electrode contacts provide focused stimulation to the spiral ganglion cell region
- View narrated 3D animation of AOS technique
View instructional video on advanced CI surgical technique
- Dr. Robert Briggs (AU) 6:30
- Dr. J. Thomas Roland Jr. (US) 4:38
- Bone Fluoroscopy - Dr. Robert Briggs (AU) 0:54 (no narration)
- J. Thomas Roland Jr. MD. A model for cochlear implant electrode insertion and force evaluation: results with a new electrode design and insertion technique. Laryngoscope. 2005 Aug;115(8):1325-39.
- Balkany, T., Hodges, A., et al. Nucleus Freedom North American Clinical Trial. Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surg., 2007. 136(5): p. 757.
- Holden LK, Finley CC, Firszt JB, Holden TA, Brenner C, Potts LG, Gotter BD, Vanderhoof SS, Mispagel K, Heydebrand G, Skinner MQ. Factors Affecting Open-Set Word Recognition in Adults With Cochlear Implants. Ear Hearing, 2013 Jan 23.
- Cohen, L., et al. Spatial spread of neural excitation in cochlear implant recipients: comparison of improved ECAP method and psychophysical forward masking (2003).