* CSP = Cumulative Survival Percentage – CSP includes both device and accident-related issues.
** Latest generation of Cochlear implants commercially available as of 31 December 2017.
Please seek advice from your medical practitioner or health professional about treatments for hearing loss. They will be able to advise on a suitable solution for the hearing loss condition. All products should be used only as directed by your medical practitioner or health professional. Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative.
Views expressed by Cochlear recipients and hearing health providers are those of the individual. Consult your hearing health provider to determine if you are a candidate for Cochlear technology. Outcomes and results may vary.
ACE, Advance Off-Stylet, AOS, AutoNRT, Autosensitivity, Beam, Button, CareYourWay, Carina, Cochlear, 科利耳, コクレア, Cochlear SoftWear, Codacs, ConnectYourWay, Contour, Contour Advance, Custom Sound, ESPrit, Freedom, Hear now. And always, HearYourWay, Hugfit, Hybrid, Invisible Hearing, Kanso, MET, MicroDrive, MP3000, myCochlear, mySmartSound, NRT, Nucleus, Off-Stylet, Slimline, SmartSound, Softip, SPrint, True Wireless, the elliptical logo, WearYourWay and Whisper are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Cochlear Limited. Ardium, Baha, Baha SoftWear, BCDrive, DermaLock, EveryWear, Vistafix, and WindShield are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB.
- Cochlear Nucleus Implant Reliability Report. Volume 16 | December 2017. D1175804. Cochlear Ltd; 2018.
- Hearing Implant Reliability Reporting | MED-EL [Internet]. Medel.com. 2018 [cited 6 March 2018]. Available from: http://www.medel.com/au/reliability-reporting/
- 2017 Global Implant Reliability Report. 027-N025-02. Advanced Bionics AG and affiliates; 2017. MED-EL does not report number of registered cochlear implants.
- International Standard ISO 5841-2. Implants for Surgery — Cardiac Pacemakers — Part 2: Reporting of Clinical Performance of Populations of Pulse Generators or Leads. Geneva (Switzerland): International Organization for Standardization. 2000.
- International Standard ISO 5841-2. Implants for Surgery — Cardiac Pacemakers — Part 2: Reporting of Clinical Performance of Populations of Pulse Generators or Leads. Geneva (Switzerland): International Organization for Standardization. 2014.
- European Consensus Statement on Cochlear Implant Failures and Explantations. Otol Neurotol. 2005 Nov;26(6):1097-9.
- Battmer RD, Backous DD, Balkany TJ, Briggs RJ, Gantz BJ, van Hasselt A, et al. International Classification of Reliability for Implanted Cochlear Implant Receiver Stimulators. Otol Neurotol. 2010 Oct;31(8):1190-3.