What you'll find on this page
- The benefits of direct smartphone connectivity.
- What the Nucleus® Smart App offers.
- How Hearing Tracker and Find my Processor offer peace of mind.
Connect like never before
The Cochlear™ Nucleus® 7 and Kanso® 2 Sound Processors are the only cochlear implant sound processors with built-in technology that allow to stream sound directly from a compatible Apple or Android™ device* - without the need for any attachments to the sound processor.
This means that adults and children can stream their favourite movies, TV shows, music and more directly to their sound processor without sacrificing size, comfort or battery life.
Convenient control with the Nucleus Smart App
The Nucleus® Smart App is designed specifically for the Nucleus 7 and Kanso 2 Sound Processors to provide recipients with a convenient and easy way to tailor their hearing to their personal preferences, all from a compatible Apple or Android smartphone* or Apple Watch^.
With the Nucleus Smart App, it is quick and easy to:
Access personalised hearing information with the Hearing Tracker.
- Quickly change programs or volume and check battery life without carrying a separate Remote Control.
- Get help finding a sound processor if it gets misplaced.
- Start wireless streaming to Cochlear True Wireless™ accessories.
- Fine tune individual's hearing experience by adjusting master bass, volume and treble.
- Set up notifications to alert the recipient if the coil is off.
- Connect and adjust settings
- Locate a misplaced sound processor
- Nucleus Smart App compatible with Apple Watch
To experience all the features of the Nucleus Smart App, download for free via the Apple App Store or the Google Play store.
Peace of mind with Find My Processor and Hearing Tracker
We all misplace things or forget where we put them. With the Nucleus Smart App, it is easy to locate a lost Nucleus 7 or Kanso 2 Sound Processor using the GPS functionality that tells the last location where the sound processor had contact with recipient's compatible smartphone.
Another feature in the Nucleus Smart App is the Hearing Tracker. This feature provides direct access to important information such as time when the coil is off# and the amount of time speech is detected. For parents and carers, this helps measure that their loved one is using the device, especially when they are not with them.
The Hearing Tracker information, along with the built-in data logging functionality of the sound processor, helps hearing health professional troubleshoot and make adjustments.
Please seek advice from your health professional about treatments for hearing loss. Outcomes may vary, and your health professional will advise you about the factors which could affect your outcome. Always follow the directions for use. Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative for product information.
* For compatibility information and devices visit cochlear.com/compatibility and resound.com/compatibility
^ The Nucleus Smart App is available for watch OS 6 and later. For a list of compatible devices visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility.
* The Nucleus 7 and Kanso 2 Sound Processors are compatible with Apple and Android devices. For a list of compatible devices visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility.
# The 'Coil off' data in the Hearing Tracker within the Nucleus Smart App is not available for Nucleus 22 implant recipients.
Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Watch, FaceTime, Made for iPad logo, Made for iPhone logo, Made for iPod logo, iPhone, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Android is a trademark of Google LLC. The Android robot is reproduced or modified from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
The Cochlear Nucleus Smart App is available on App Store and Google Play. For compatibility information visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility.
For a list of compatible Apple and Android devices go to www.cochlear.com/compatibility.