What you'll find on this page
- How to secure Cochlear™ Nucleus® sound processors.
- How to secure Baha® sound processors.
Extra security when it is needed
Cochlear™ Sound Processors are designed to fit comfortably and securely no matter what you're doing. But if you want extra reassurance when you're being more active or adventurous, Cochlear offers you or your child some accessories to help keep the sound processor in place.
"During gymnastics, she would wear a Hugfit™ which helped secure the sound processor on. This year has been a very successful one and she aims to reach as high as she can in gymnastics."*1
-Aimee C. -Parent of Nucleus® recipient
Nucleus 8 Sound Processor options
- Snugfit: for a firmer fit on the ear, especially for active adults and children. Available in three sizes.
- Koala Clip: clip-on retention for babies and younger children.
- Safety Cord: a convenient way to prevent losing a sound processor if it comes off your ear.
- Earhook: comfortably secures the sound processor to your ear.
- Cochlear™ Hugfit™: soft, flexible silicone band to help secure the sound processor. Available in 5 sizes.
- Cochlear Paediatric Headband: designed to help keep the Nucleus 8 Sound Processor more securely on your child's head.
Nucleus Kanso® 2 Sound Processor options
- The Cochlear Safety Line Hair Clip connects to a Safety Line. It is a more discreet retention option.
- Cochlear Safety Lines reduce the risk of losing the sound processor. They connect to the socket of your Kanso 2 Sound Processor. Available in short, long and short loop variants
- The Cochlear Headband has been designed to help keep the Kanso 2 Sound Processor more securely on your head. It can be worn with one or two Kanso 2 Sound Processors.
- The Kanso Halo accessory is designed to keep the Kanso 2 Sound Processor more securely on your head. The accessory has two attachment points and can be used with two Hair Clips or Cochlear Safety Line with Hair Clips (short double loop).
Baha® Sound Processor options
Baha 5 SuperPower Sound Processor and the Baha 5 Power Sound Processor retention options include:
- Alligator Clip with long safety line: attaches to clothing to reduce the risk of losing your sound processor.*
Baha 5 SuperPower Sound Processor options include:
- Earhook+: secures the sound processor behind your ear in an under-the-ear configuration and comes in one adjustable size.
- Snugfit: helps tighten the sound processor on the ear and comes in three sizes.
- LiteWear: improves comfort and reduces weight on the ear by wearing the sound processor on the body instead of behind the ear. Particularly beneficial for small children.
- Mic Lock: secures the sound processor on your ear with a light, clear band.
Please seek advice from your health professional about treatments for hearing loss. Outcomes may vary, and your health professional will advise you about the factors which could affect your outcome. Always follow the directions for use. Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative for product information.
*1 Views expressed are those of the individual. Consult your health professional to determine if you are a candidate for Cochlear technology.
* Retention lines longer than the Safety Line (standard length) are not recommended for use by children as they may present a risk of strangulation.