Smart has never been so simple
With the Nucleus® Kanso® 2 Sound Processor, smart has never been so simple.
Designed for active lifestyles, the Kanso 2 Sound Processor combines off-the-ear comfort with our latest connectivity features and proven hearing performance technology1-4, giving the freedom to hear wherever life takes them.
Building on the award-winning all-in-one design of the Kanso Sound Processor5, the Kanso 2 Sound Processor introduces direct streaming* and use of the Nucleus Smart App** from compatible Apple or Android™ devices. It also features a built-in rechargeable battery and improved dust and water resistance+ for added peace of mind.
The world’s smallest and lightest rechargeable off-the-ear cochlear implant sound processor6, Kanso 2 is designed to be so discreet and so comfortable they’ll barely notice they’re wearing it.
Colour options to match personal style
The Kanso 2 Sound Processor is available in five different colours, so they can choose the one that best suits them.
Focus on what's important
"As a primary school teacher having better hearing is very important because I need to be able to hear where students' questions are coming from and answer them straight away. The Kanso allows me to do that."
- Alison V, Cochlear™ Nucleus Kanso® recipient, Australia
Filter out background noise
Dual microphones work together to filter out background noise and provide better hearing performance in noise than a single microphone.2
Hear well in different environments
Capture every moment. Whether in a quiet room or outside on a windy day, the device will automatically adjust using SmartSound® iQ with SCAN technology.
Bring sound closer – no strings attached
Cochlear™ True Wireless™ technology helps free an adult or child (and their hands) to focus less on hearing and more on what's important for them.
Enjoy face-to-face conversations
Activate ForwardFocus~ in the Nucleus Smart App to decrease distracting noise coming from behind, so that they can better hear the person in front of them.4
Peace of mind for parents
"She can be whatever she wants to be, and find who it is that she is going to become. Phoebe does really well at school. She has awesome teachers. She's taken off."
- Cynthia S, mother of Phoebe, Cochlear™ Nucleus® recipient, USA
Made for your child's active lifestyle
Run, swim and jump around – choose from a range of optional retention accessories to ensure that your child is ready for their next adventure.
Track your child's hearing
You can find out more about how your child is using their sound processor and set personalised hearing goals with the Nucleus Smart App Hearing Tracker. You can also use the Sound Check feature to test that their Kanso 2 Sound Processor microphones are working properly.
Support for a lifetime
Upgrading a device
Want to learn more?
This material is intended for health professionals. If you are a consumer, please seek advice from your health professional about treatments for hearing loss. Outcomes may vary, and your health professional will advise you about the factors which could affect your outcome. Always read the instructions for use. Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative for product information.
Views expressed are those of the individual. Consult your health professional to determine if you are a candidate for Cochlear technology.
* https://good-design.org/projects/kanso-cochlear-implant-sound-processor/ The Cochlear Nucleus Kanso 2 Sound Processor is compatible with Apple and Android devices. For compatibility information visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility.
** The Cochlear Nucleus Smart App is available on App Store and Google Play. For compatibility information visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility.
+ Compared to its predecessor model.
‡ The auto processor off feature must be configured by a clinician within the Custom Sound Pro fitting software.
^ For ReSound hearing aids capable of linking directly with the Cochlear Sound Processors for direct streaming from a compatible smartphone please visit:
~ ForwardFocus is a clinician-enabled, user-controlled feature.
# The Kanso 2 Sound Processor is dust and water resistant to level IP68 of the International Standard IEC60529. With the Aqua+ accessory, the Kanso 2 Sound Processor is water resistant to level of IP68 of the International Standard IEC60529 and can be continuously submerged under water to a depth of up to 3 metres for up to 2 hours. Refer to the relevant User Guide for more information. Refer to the relevant User Guide for more information.
Apple, the Apple logo, FaceTime, Made for iPad logo, Made for iPhone logo, Made for iPod logo, iPhone, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Android is a trademark of Google LLC. The Android robot is reproduced or modified from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Cochlear is under license.
- Mauger SJ, et al. Clinical evaluation of the Nucleus 6 cochlear implant system: performance improvements with SmartSound iQ. Int J Audiol. 2014, Aug; 53(8): 564-576. [Sponsored by Cochlear].
- Mauger SJ, et al. Clinical outcomes with the Kanso off-the-ear cochlear implant sound processor. Int J Audiol. 2017, Apr;56(4): 267-276. [Sponsored by Cochlear].
- Wolfe J, et al. Benefits of Adaptive Signal Processing in a Commercially Available Cochlear Implant Sound Processor. Otol Neurotol. 2015 Aug;36(7):1181-90.
- Cochlear Limited. D1660797. CP1150 Sound Processor Interim Clinical Investigation Report. 2020; Jan.
- Good Design. 2017. Kanso® Cochlear Implant Sound Processor - Good Design. [online] Available at: <https://good-design.org/projects/kanso-cochlear-implant-sound-processor/> [Accessed 20 April 2020].
- Cochlear Limited. D1190805. Sound Processor Size Comparison. 2020; March.
- Cochlear Limited. D1710313. CP1150 Battery Life Coverage Technical Report. 2020; Mar.