Learn more about your Cochlear™ Account
Your Cochlear Account is the personal account you use to access Cochlear services. It allows you to sign in to Cochlear’s online services using an email address and password. You need a Cochlear Account to access Cochlear services like the Cochlear Nucleus Smart App.
Creating a Cochlear Account allows Cochlear to provide you with resources, services and support to connect and empower you on your hearing journey. Cochlear will also be able to keep you informed of any updates regarding iOS and the Nucleus Smart App.
In most countries, if you are over a specified age you can create your own Cochlear Account. If you are under the specified age, a parent or guardian will need to set up your Cochlear Account and provide consent. The age restriction varies depending on your country of residence. Please contact your local Cochlear office with any specific questions on this topic. For contact information visit cochlear.com/intl/contact/global-offices.
No, you cannot set up a Cochlear Account for someone over the specified age threshold.
If your child is under the specified age threshold and has set up a Cochlear Account, contact your local Cochlear office for advice and assistance, as parental consent is required for your child to have an account. For contact information visit cochlear.com/intl/contact/global-offices.
No, because it provides access to your personal information. Please ensure you keep your login details secure.
If you’ve purchased a Cochlear product from the online store, or have used a Cochlear online service in the past, you may already have a Cochlear Account. You may be able to use the same email address and password to log in to the Nucleus Smart App. If you want to check whether or not you have a Cochlear Account, please contact your local Cochlear customer service team for assistance.
If you do not already have a Cochlear Account (i.e. you do not already access other Cochlear online services with an email address and password) you can create one by selecting ‘Create new account’ from the Nucleus Smart App.
You will need to:
- Provide your name and an email address
- Create a unique password for your Cochlear Account.
After you submit your details you will be sent an email with a link to activate your Cochlear Account. If you do not receive an email, check your Spam or Junk folder. Once you click on the activation link, the Nucleus Smart App will open automatically and you will be able to login with your email address and password.
If you want your child to use the Nucleus Smart App independently on their own device to control their sound processor, you can create a Cochlear Account for them. When you set up the account you will be providing consent for your child to have full access to all app features. You will also be providing consent for their data to be synchronised to the Cochlear Cloud if the Data Sync feature is enabled.
To set up an account for a child you will need:
- A compatible smartphone* with the Nucleus Smart App installed
- An email address for your child (in addition to your own email address)
- Your own compatible Apple or Android device
- Your own Cochlear Account
* For compatibility information visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility.
It takes approximately 15 minutes to complete the process to set up a Cochlear Account for your child.
Before you can set up a Cochlear Account for your child, you will need to have set up your own Cochlear Account.
Setting up your Cochlear Account (Adult)
- If you do not already have a Cochlear Account (i.e. you do not already access other Cochlear online services with an email address and password) you can create one by selecting ‘Create new account’ from the Nucleus Smart App.
- You will need to provide your name and an email address. You will also need to create a unique password for your Cochlear Account.
- After you submit your details you will be sent an email with a link to activate your Cochlear Account. If you do not receive an email, check your Spam or Junk folder. Once you click on the activation link, the Nucleus Smart App will open automatically and you will be able to login with your email address and password.
- When you have logged in, follow the on-screen instructions to proceed through the pairing process. During this process you will be asked to provide the name of the recipient. Ensure you enter these details correctly. This recipient will then be linked to you and their information visible in the Account details section of the app.
If you have any problems completing this process, or if any details appear to be incorrect please contact Cochlear Customer Services before you set up a Cochlear Account for your child.
Setting up a Cochlear Account for a child
Once you are logged in to your Cochlear Account:
- From the Nucleus Smart App menu, select Settings.
- In Settings, select Account details.
- In the Account details section your details will be displayed together with people you care for.
- Select the child and enter their email address (this will become the username for their Cochlear Account). This email address cannot be the same as your email address.
- When prompted, confirm your consent to your child's full access to the account.
- An activation email will be sent to your child’s email address.
- Your child will need to access the activation email and click on the activation link.
- Your child will then be asked to create a password for their account to complete the account set up process.
- Once the account has been set up it can be used to log in to the Nucleus Smart app on any compatible device which has the Nucleus Smart App installed.
- Once your child’s Cochlear Account has been successfully activated you will be notified via email.
Yes you can. Simply run through the same process described above for another child. Please note that a separate compatible device is required for each child - you cannot have two children logged into the same device at the same time.
If you cannot remember the email address you used, please contact your local Cochlear customer service team.
If you cannot remember your password, select 'Forgotten your password?’ on the log in page. Enter your email address and you will be emailed instructions on how you can reset your password.
If you are still experiencing difficulties or have any other questions about your Cochlear Account, please contact your local Cochlear office for advice and assistance at cochlear.com/intl/contact/global-offices.
Please seek advice from your health professional about treatments for hearing loss. Outcomes may vary, and your health professional will advise you about the factors which could affect your outcome. Always follow the instructions for use. Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative for product information.