Baha® Smart App: Getting started
Benefits of using the Cochlear™ Baha® Smart App
- Control your compatible Baha sound processor from your compatible Apple device.
- Adjust volume, change program and activate streaming from Cochlear True Wireless™ devices.
- Personalise your hearing experience.
- Receive assistance and get helpful operating tips.
- Locate a lost sound processor.
How to download the Baha Smart App?
The Cochlear Baha Smart App is free to download from App Store in approved countries.
The Baha Smart App works with the Baha 5 and Baha 6 sound processors and compatible Apple devices. For compatibility information, visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility
Use the Apple Watch for quick access to volume adjustments, or to change programs, select a Favourite or activate streaming from Cochlear True Wireless devices. The Apple Watch will also display notifications such as sound processor battery warnings.
Download, install and open the app. Scroll and read through the content on the Welcome screen to learn about the different features and important information.
Tap ‘Get started’ to proceed with connecting the app to your sound processor, or tap Demo to explore the app. The app will go through a series of steps to ensure a secure connection to the sound processor can be completed. If there are any issues, instructions will be presented to you on the screen.
Note: To connect the app to your sound processor, you first need to pair your sound processor to your iPhone. For pairing instructions, follow guidance in the app or see instructions further below.
- Allow the app to access your location in order to help you locate a lost sound processor and advise you when entering a linked location.
- Allow the app to send you notifications in order to receive battery and connection warnings or tips on how to achieve the best hearing experience.
- Read the Privacy statement and choose whether to approve or decline the option to send deidentified diagnostic and usage information to help Cochlear further improve our products. The choice does not impact your ability to use the app.
Once connection is complete, the app will automatically open in Basic mode, with access to basic features such as program change, volume control and battery monitoring.
Tap Unlock to gain access to the app’s full capabilities, including saving your favourite audio settings, registering sound processors for warranty purposes and accessing Cochlear Remote Care services*.
When creating an account, you’ll also be able to join Cochlear Family* to receive support and education for your hearing journey. To learn more about Cochlear account, see the About Cochlear Accounts page.
- Before you start the pairing process, make sure your sound processor has a fresh battery and is turned off.
- On your Apple device, go to Settings -> Accessibility
- Turn on your sound processor to make it discoverable for 120 seconds. When pairing to two sound processors, turn them on simultaneously.
- On your Apple device, tap ‘Hearing Devices’. If Bluetooth™ functionality is turned off, tap to turn it on. Your Apple device will now start searching for your sound processor. This may take some time.
- Tap the name of the sound processor once it appears. If you are pairing bilateral sound processors, only one name will appear together with R + L.
- When the pairing window appears, accept the pairing request (or pairing requests if pairing bilateral sound processors).
Important: Wait (and do not leave the pairing screen) for pairing confirmation to be heard in the sound processor before proceeding. A series of 6 beep tones will be heard, followed by a ripple tone approximately 20 seconds later (or wait for 120 seconds to be certain that the process has been completed).
To unpair your sound processor from your Apple device, tap Settings > Accessibility> Hearing Devices. Tap the name of your sound processor, then tap ‘Forget this device’.
Please seek advice from your health professional about treatments for hearing loss. Outcomes may vary, and your health professional will advise you about the factors which could affect your outcome. Always follow the directions for use. Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative for product information.
* Not available in all markets