Cochlear™ Nucleus® Implant & Bone Conduction Surgical Training Labs
Cochlear's desire to deliver superior outcomes has driven our approach for over 40 years. It is strengthened by our groundbreaking research, worldwide collaboration with surgeons, audiologists, leading scientists, and engineers. The result is an industry-leading portfolio of electrodes and bone conduction systems that favor a variety of surgical preferences to address the widest range of patient conditions and to deliver the best possible hearing performance and outcomes.
At Cochlear, we value our partnership with cochlear implant surgeons to change the lives of people with hearing loss. We recognize the importance of continued collaboration, education, and training. It is our pleasure to invite you to our temporal bone lab for a surgical training experience at Cochlear’s North America headquarters in Lone Tree, Colorado.
- The courses provide a focused and hands-on approach to cochlear implant and bone conduction solutions, including an overview of the latest technology, anatomical factors, managing surgical variability/complications, and keys to maximizing outcomes.
This hands-on lab is designed for but not limited to:
- Residents, fellows, and surgeons who are newer to cochlear implants and bone conduction solutions
- Experienced cochlear implant and bone conduction surgeons seeking to expand their knowledge
- Surgeons interested in learning the latest trends, techniques, and new products
- Demonstrate proficiency with electrode insertions of the Cochlear™ Nucleus® Electrode Portfolio
- Drill a right and left temporal bone in the lab
- Demonstrate competency in the surgical steps with our bone conduction solutions including the Cochlear Osia® Implant
- Identify current FDA indications for implantable hearing solutions
- Participate in a panel discussion on complex and advanced surgical scenarios
- How to start a cochlear implant and/or bone conduction program
- Electrode portfolio
- Anatomical considerations
- Candidacy and expanded indications
- Electrode insertion dynamics
- Surgical steps for cochlear implant and bone conduction procedures
- Preoperative and intraoperative imaging
- Intraoperative testing with the Nucleus SmartNav System
- Industry trends for cochlear implants and bone conduction systems
- How to transition from a Baha® Systems to an Osia System
- Intra-cochlear view and recording of electrode insertions through Electrode Insertion Simulation models
Temporal bone dissection of both right and left specimens
- Mastoidectomy with facial recess techniques
- Round window and cochleostomy approaches
- Management of extra-cochlear lead
Cochlear invites the most respected implant surgeons in the country to facilitate our unique courses. Follow the registration link below for more information on course facilitators.
There is no fee to attend our courses. However, participants are responsible for arranging personal travel and accommodations as needed. For more information and to register, please visit our events page.