Make a splash with Aqua+
Whether you're swimming in the ocean, splashing in the pool or soaking in the bath, you want your sound processor to be safe.
Our latest cochlear implant sound processors are splash-proof, dust-proof and water resistant.*
And with Aqua+, your sound processor becomes waterproof and swimmable* as well.
Water protection for your favourite activities
"... I'm able to take swimming lessons. I can hear my instructor underwater. Not only is it allowing me to achieve my goal that I’ve had for almost seven decades, but I’m enjoying it very much.
- Mary Grace, Cochlear™ Nucleus® System recipient
Enjoy swimming in the pool or at the beach
Adults and children can even enjoy snorkelling because using the Aqua+ means they can submerge their sound processor in up to three metres* of water for two hours.
Swim and splash
The Aqua+ silicone sleeve can be reused up to 50 times. That's a lot of trips to the pool for parents with children.
Available for our Nucleus® 7, Nucleus® 8 and Kanso® 2 Sound Processors*,#
- Aqua+ solutions are available for both behind-the-ear and off the ear sound processors.
- Transforms your sound processor into a water-resistant hearing device.
- Offers protection in water up to three metres deep for two hours.
- Swim underwater, snorkel or surf with added peace of mind.
- Flexible watertight housing encases and protects your sound processor.
- Water-resistant coil connects the Nucleus 7, Nucleus 8 and Nucleus 6 Sound Processors within the sleeve^
Please seek advice from your health professional about treatments for hearing loss. Outcomes may vary, and your health professional will advise you about the factors which could affect your outcome. Always follow the directions for use. Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative for product information.
Views expressed are those of the individual. Consult your health professional to determine if you are a candidate for Cochlear technology.
In Australia, Cochlear™ Nucleus® implant systems are intended for the treatment of moderately severe to profound hearing loss.
In Australia, Baha® bone conduction implant systems are intended for the treatment of moderate to profound hearing loss.
In Australia, the Cochlear™ Osia® System is indicated for patients with conductive, mixed hearing loss and single-sided sensorineural deafness (SSD) aged 10 years and above with up to 55 decibels sensorineural hearing loss. Patients should have sufficient bone quality and quantity to support successful implant placement. Surgery is required to use this product. Any surgical procedure carries risk.
For Cochlear™ Nucleus®, Osia® and Baha® systems: This product is not available for purchase by the general public. For information on funding and reimbursement please contact your health care professional.
Any testimonial featured on this website is intended for an Australian audience only.
* The Cochlear Nucleus 8 Sound Processor with Aqua+ is dust and water resistant to level IP68 of the International Standard IEC60529. The Nucleus 8 Sound Processor with Aqua+ can be continuously submerged under water to a depth of up to 3 metres for up to 2 hours. Refer to the relevant user guide for more information.
** The Nucleus 7 Sound Processor is dust and water resistant to level of IP57 of the International Standard IEC60529. The Nucleus 7 Sound Processor with Aqua+ and Aqua+ Coil is dust and water resistant to level IP68 of the International Standard IEC60529 when you use a Cochlear Standard Rechargeable Battery Module or Cochlear Compact Rechargeable Battery Module.
^ Some models of Aqua+ accessories require the ear hook to be removed before inserting the sound processor into the accessory. Please consult the instructions for use for more information.
# The Cochlear Nucleus Kanso 2 Sound Processor with Aqua+ is dust and water resistant to level of IP68 of the International Standard IEC60529 and can be continuously submerged under water to a depth of up to 3 metres for up to 2 hours. Refer to the relevant User Guide for more information.