What you'll find on this page
- How to secure Cochlear™ Nucleus® sound processors.
- How to secure Cochlear Baha® sound processors.
Extra security when it is needed
We design sound processors to be comfortable and secure no matter what adults or children are doing.
But sometimes, individuals want reassurance that they won't lose their sound processor, especially during high-energy activities like skiing or playing football. Or if they are a parent who wants peace of mind that their child won't lose his or her sound processor.
Cochlear™ accessories can help keep the sound processor in place.
Nucleus® 8 Sound Processor options
- Snugfit: for a firmer fit on the ear, especially for active adults and children. Available in three sizes.
- Koala Clip: clip-on retention for babies and younger children.
- Safety Cord: a convenient way to prevent losing a sound processor if it comes off the ear.
- Earhook: comfortably secures the sound processor to the ear.
- Hugfit™: soft, flexible silicone band to help secure the sound processor. Available in 5 sizes.
- Paediatric Headband: designed to help keep the Nucleus 8 Sound Processor more securely on a child's head.
Nucleus Kanso® 2 Sound Processor options
- The Cochlear Safety Line Hair Clip connects to a Safety Line. It is a more discreet retention option.
- Cochlear Safety Lines reduce the risk of losing the sound processor. They connect to the socket of the Kanso 2 Sound Processor. Available in short, long and short loop variants.
- The Cochlear Headband has been designed to help keep the Kanso 2 Sound Processor more securely on the head. It can be worn with one or two Kanso 2 Sound Processors.
- The Kanso Halo accessory is designed to keep the Kanso 2 Sound Processor more securely on the head. The accessory has two attachment points and can be used with two Hair Clips or Cochlear Safety Line with Hair Clips (short double loop).
Baha® sound processor options
The Baha 6 Max Sound Processor, Baha 5 Sound Processor and Baha 5 Power Sound Processor retention options include:
This content is intended for professionals. If you are a consumer, please seek advice from your health professional about treatments for hearing loss. Outcomes may vary, and your health professional will advise you about the factors which could affect your outcome. Always follow the instructions for use. Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative for product information.