Nucleus® smart sound processing technology
Whether an adult or child is in a restaurant, playground or office, they can let their sound processor do the work by automatically adapting to their environment.
What you'll find on this page
- How our hearing technology adapts to your listening environment.
- Adults and children can hear speech more clearly in noise with ForwardFocus technology.
Experience your best hearing
Inspired by connecting adults and children with their world, we’re driven to innovate and deliver hearing technology to help them hear their best, no matter where they are or where the day takes them.
Our sound processors feature technology that's designed to help recipients hear conversations clearly, particularly in noise. Whether they're walking in the park on a windy day, sitting in a work meeting or classroom, or chatting to friends in a noisy cafe, our advanced hearing technology automatically adjusts to give them the best possible listening settings.1-4
Our latest behind-the-ear sound processor, the Nucleus 8, features enhanced SmartSound IQ 2 with SCAN 2 technology* that senses changes in individual's listening environment and automatically adjusts to deliver clear sound. Our off-the-ear sound processor, the Nucleus Kanso 2, features SmartSound iQ with SCAN technology which is designed to replicate natural hearing and adapt to the environment without the need for manual adjustments.1-3
Focus on what’s important
Adults and children can feel part of every conversation and immerse themselves in each moment. With ForwardFocus†, our latest sound processors reduce unwanted noise from behind, so they can hear face-to-face conversations more clearly.
Featuring enhanced ForwardFocus, the Nucleus® 8 Sound Processor is designed to more powerfully reduce background noise and can be user controlled or automated to help adults and children focus on what's important in any situation.5,#
This content is intended for professionals. If you are a consumer, please seek advice from your health professional about treatments for hearing loss. Outcomes may vary, and your health professional will advise you about the factors which could affect your outcome. Always follow the directions for use. Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative for product information.
† ForwardFocus is a clinician-enabled feature that can be user-controlled or automated.
* Compared to Nucleus 6 and Nucleus 7 sound processors.
# Compared to Nucleus® 7 Sound Processor with ForwardFocus on.
For information regarding the compatibility of Cochlear’s Sound Processors with Apple or Android devices, visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility.
Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Watch, FaceTime, Made for iPad logo, Made for iPhone logo, Made for iPod logo, iPhone, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android is a trademark of Google LLC.
- Mauger SJ, et al. Clinical outcomes with the Kanso off-the-ear cochlear implant sound processor. Int J Audiol. (2017 Apr); 56(4): 267-276. [Sponsored by Cochlear].
- Mauger SJ, et al. Clinical evaluation of the Nucleus 6 cochlear implant system: performance improvements with SmartSound iQ. Int J Audiol. (2014 Aug); 53(8): 564-576. [Sponsored by Cochlear]
- Wolfe J, et al. Benefits of Adaptive Signal Processing in a Commercially Available Cochlear Implant Sound Processor. Otol Neurotol. (2015 Aug);36(7):1181-90.
- Cochlear Limited D1864200 SCAN-X Design Description.
- Cochlear Limited. D1964109 Clinical Investigation Report CLTD5804 – (2022 Feb).