The world is changing at such an amazing rate that if you've had your sound processor for over 6 years, you might be relying on dated technology to help you with your hearing.
Make your life easier, automatically
You go through many different situations during a day - from a quiet room to a windy street or busy playground, from a classroom or an office to a noisy restaurant or family dinner. Imagine hearing more clearly in each of those situations and feeling confident enough about your hearing to do the things that matter most to you. With a next-generation sound processor^, you can go from imagining it to experiencing it.
It all starts with a next-generation sound processor^
"I'm not left out. I'm not different from others. I'm like any other [person]."
- Shruti, Cochlear™ Nucleus® recipient
Improve your hearing
Smart, automated technology is designed to do the hard work for you so you can hear more clearly in different environments with less effort.*,1-7
Feel confident about using your sound processor
An automated device means you won't have to worry about changing settings or programs.
Feel supported during day-to-day experiences
More recent sound processors include advanced features and accessories that may help make everyday tasks - like talking on the phone, going swimming, enjoying your favourite music and watching TV - so much easier.#,8,9.
Move through everyday life more easily
By making the experience of hearing easier, you are free to participate in life more fully. You may even gain the confidence to try activities you never thought you could do!
You won't have to do it alone
Your hearing care professional and Cochlear are here to help guide you through the upgrade process. You can find helpful information on this site and download your upgrade info kit brochure here.
Please seek advice from your health professional about treatments for hearing loss. Outcomes may vary, and your health professional will advise you about the factors which could affect your outcome. Always follow the directions for use. Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative for product information.
Views expressed are those of the individual. Consult your health professional to determine if you are a candidate for Cochlear technology.
^ Cochlear™ Nucleus® 7 Sound Processor, Cochlear Nucleus Kanso Sound Processor, Cochlear Nucleus 6 Sound Processor.
* SmartSound® iQ with SCAN technologies. Available in Nucleus 6, Nucleus Kanso and Nucleus 7 Sound Processors.
# Cochlear True Wirelss™ Devices, Aqua+ accessories, retention accessories. Available for Nucleus 6, Nucleus Kanso and Nucleus 7 Sound Processors. Please refer to the relevant product information guide for more details on each sound processor and relevant accessory options with their indicated purpose.
© Cochlear Limited 2023.
- Cochlear Ltd (2013) Performance Outcomes of Nucleus® 6 SmartSound® iQ Technology with the First Cochlear Implant Scene Classifier Whitepaper. D464486 ISS3. Data on file.
- Mauger SJ, Warren C, Knight M, Goorevich M, Nel E. Clinical evaluation of the Nucleus 6 cochlear implant system: performance improvements with SmartSound iQ. International Journey Of Audiology. 2014, Aug; 53(8): 564-576. [Sponsored by Cochlear]. https://doi.org/10.3109/14992027.2014.895431
- Wolfe J, et al. Benefits of Adaptive Signal Processing in a Commercially Available Cochlear Implant Sound Processor. Otol Neurotol. 2015 Aug; 36(7):1181‐90.
- Stefan J. Mauger, Marian Jones, Esti Nel & Janine Del Dot (2017) Clinical outcomes with the Kanso™ off-the-ear cochlear implant sound processor, International Journal of Audiology, 56:4, 267-276, DOI: HYPERLINK “https://doi.org/10.1080/14992027.2016.1265156” 10.1080/14992027.2016.1265156
- CLTD5606 FDA Study (CIR, D1305388) - Sentence in noise comparing Nucleus SCAN and ForwardFocus (S0N0, S0N3).
- Cochlear Ltd. D1376556.CLTD5709 Acceptance and Performance with the Nucleus 7 Cochlear Implant System with Adult Recipients. 2018, Jan. Data on file.
- Cochlear Ltd. D1698260. Sound Processor Comparison. 2020, Jul. Data on file.
- Duke MM, Wolfe J, Schafer E. Recognition of Speech from the Television with Use of a Wireless Technology Designed for Cochlear Implants. J Am Acad Audiol. 2016;27(5):388-394. doi:10.3766/jaaa.15040
- Wolfe J, Morais M, Schafer E. Improving Hearing Performance for Cochlear Implant Recipients with Use of a Digital, Wireless, Remote-Microphone, Audio-Streaming Accessory. J Am Acad Audiol. 2015;26(6):532-539. doi:10.3766/jaaa.15005