Hearing in today's world
Hearing technology has come a long way since you were implanted – and so have you.
Whether you’re entering a new stage of life, starting the next chapter in your education or career, or just finding that your device isn’t keeping up with your lifestyle needs, you need a sound processor that can help you keep up with the world around you.
When hearing is easier, everything can become easier
Cochlear’s new sound processors draw on the latest hearing technology available, and are designed with one goal in mind: to make your hearing – and therefore your life - easier.1-4
A more advanced sound processor can help you:
- Improve your hearing thanks to our latest advanced technologies such as SmartSound® IQ with SCAN technologies‡, ForwardFocus* and dual microphones to help you experience clearer sound even in challenging environments.
- Feel more confident about using your device as new generation sound processors^ are built smaller and lighter than older models. They are also designed to be more intuitive to use with in-built automation and connectivity technologies.
- Feel more supported during day-to-day activities with a smartphone connectivity˜ options, Bluetooth® capability and a range of accessories like Aqua+ to support your lifestyle.
With new, advanced features making the experience of hearing easier, you can go through daily life more easily and feel empowered to participate in life more fully1-4. You may even gain the confidence to try activities you never thought you could do!
Which next-generation sound processor is right for you?
Nucleus Kanso® 2 Sound Processor
“I am very passionate about music. With the help of Kanso 2 Sound Processor’s direct streaming, I can pick up beats that I would miss before [person].”
- Atharva, Cochlear™ recipient
Nucleus® 7 Sound Processor
Please seek advice from your health professional about treatments for hearing loss. Outcomes may vary, and your health professional will advise you about the factors which could affect your outcome. Always follow the instructions for use. Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative for product information.
Views expressed are those of the individual. Consult your health professional to determine if you are a candidate for Cochlear technology.
*Only available in Nucleus® 7 and Nucleus Kanso® 2 Sound Processors.
^ Cochlear™ Nucleus Kanso 2 Sound Processor, Cochlear Nucleus 7 Sound Processor, Cochlear Nucleus Kanso Sound Processor, Cochlear Nucleus 6 Sound Processor.
˜ Direct streaming from a compatible smartphone and the Nucleus Smart App functionality are only available for the Nucleus Kanso 2 and Nucleus 7 Sound Processors. The Cochlear Nucleus 7 and Kanso 2 Sound Processors are compatible with Apple and Android devices. The Cochlear Nucleus Smart App is available on App Store and Google Play. For compatibility information visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility.
‡ Available in Nucleus 6, Nucleus Kanso, Nucleus 7 and Nucleus Kanso 2 Sound Processors.
# The Cochlear Nucleus 7 Sound Processors with Aqua+ and Aqua+ Coil are dust and water resistant to level IP68 of the International Standard IEC60529 when you use a Cochlear Standard Rechargeable Battery Module or Cochlear Compact Rechargeable Battery Module. Refer to the relevant User Guide for more information. The Cochlear Nucleus Kanso 2 Sound Processor with Aqua+ is dust and water resistant to level of IP68 of the International Standard IEC60529 and can be continuously submerged under water to a depth of up to 3 metres for up to 2 hours. Refer to the relevant User Guide for more information.
© Cochlear Limited 2023.
- Cochlear Limited. D1750287 Taking your patients from surviving to thriving: the benefits of sound processor upgrades. Data on file, 2020.
- Cochlear Limited. D771736 Clinical Evaluation of Nucleus 7 Cochlear Implant System. Data on file, 2017
- Cochlear Limited. CLTD5591: Acceptance of the CP950 processor with experienced CP810/CP900 BTE sound processor users. Data on file, 2016.
- Mauger, S. J., Warren, C. D., Knight, M. R., Goorevich, M., & Nel, E. (2014). Clinical evaluation of the Nucleus 6 cochlear implant system: performance improvements with SmartSound iQ. International journal of audiology, 53(8), 564–576. https://doi.org/10.3109/14992027.2014.895431
- Cochlear Limited D1706451. Sound Processor Comparison Chart. 2020, Mar; data on file.
- Cochlear Limited D1698260. Sound Processor Comparison Chart. 2020, June; data on file.