Nucleus® 7 Sound Processor Bimodal Solution
Using the Nucleus® 7 Sound Processor Bimodal Solution
Discover a whole new world of sound. Meet the Nucleus® 7 Sound Processor and how it can work with a hearing aid in your other ear to create a bimodal hearing solution. Cochlear’s implant systems work with any brand of hearing aid to deliver the benefits of bimodal hearing. However, recipients can achieve a premium level of connectivity with the world’s first and only smart bimodal solution that is Made for iPhone by combining Nucleus 7 with the ReSound LiNX 3D™ hearing aid.1
Whether you’re a new implant recipient or a recent upgrader, this section of our website is devoted to you. You’ll find tools and resources here to help you learn how to use your Nucleus 7 Bimodal Solution such as:
- Made for iPhone Pairing and Streaming
- Wireless Compatibility
- Frequently Asked Questions
For more information on using your Nucleus 7 Sound Processor – visit the Nucleus 7 Basics or for more information on your ReSound hearing aid, visit resound.com.
The Made for iPhone Difference – Pairing and Streaming
Stream sound directly to your Nucleus 7 Sound Processor and your ReSound LiNX 3D™ hearing aid from a compatible Apple device and enjoy access to the latest Apple technology without the need for an additional device.2 You will need to pair your processor to your Apple device to get these benefits. If you want synchronized bimodal MFi streaming, your CI audiologist can link the two devices in the fitting software.
Watch this video for pairing instructions. Follow these same steps for both the Nucleus 7 Sound Processor and the ReSound LiNX 3D hearing aid.
NOTE: If you have other sound processor(s) or hearing aid(s) already paired, you need to unpair them first.
Pair your Nucleus® 7 Sound Processor with a compatible Apple device
Cochlear wireless compatible sound processors and ReSound wireless compatible hearing aids share a common 2.4 GHz platform. Specifically, this allows audio wireless accessories to stream to a Cochlear sound processor fitted to one ear and a ReSound wireless compatible hearing aid fitted to the other ear. The same audio stream is directed simultaneously to both devices. See below for more information on wireless compatibility.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- If I don’t have a compatible Apple device, can I use a Nucleus 7 Sound Processor and ReSound hearing aid?
Yes. You can control your Cochlear Nucleus 7 Sound Processor via the sound processor button or the CR310 Remote Control, and control the ReSound hearing aid via the Unite Remote Control 2.
- Can I control both the Nucleus 7 Sound Processor and my ReSound hearing aid with the Nucleus Smart App or ReSound Smart 3D app?
No, both the Nucleus Smart App and ReSound Smart 3D app will only control their respective device. However bimodal patients can make adjustments to both devices if paired to a compatible Apple device using the Apple Accessibility menu.
- Where can I find information on how to pair a ReSound Hearing Aid and a Cochlear Nucleus 7 Sound Processor to wireless accessories?
Refer to the sound processor, hearing aid and wireless accessory user guides for information on pairing and using MFi and True Wireless bimodally.
- What wireless accessories stream to both a ReSound Hearing Aid and a Cochlear Device?
The TV streamers, phone clips, and microphones can stream to both a compatible ReSound Hearing Aid and Nucleus 7 Sound Processor, Nucleus 6 Sound Processor or Nucleus Kanso Sound Processor. There are up to three channels available for the TV streamers and microphones. Please refer to the respective user guides for more information.
- Can the remote control from Cochlear or ReSound control both devices?
No, the remote controls will only work with their respective devices.
- Who should I call regarding my Smart Bimodal Solution?
Recipients Call Smart Care #: 800-483-3123
Professionals Smart Care #: 877-883-3101
- Who do I call regarding my hearing aid warranty?
Call the audiologist from whom you purchased your hearing aid.
- What should I do if my hearing aid stops working?
Attempt to troubleshoot your device and perform routine maintenance. If needed, call Cochlear at 800-483-3123 and Cochlear Customer Support will attempt to troubleshoot with you. Cochlear may advise you to contact your hearing aid audiologist to work with them to either resolve their hearing aid issues or facilitate the repair process with ReSound.
For more information on using your ReSound hearing aid – visit resound.com.
- Why does ReSound repair/replace bimodal hearing aids and not Cochlear?
The ReSound LiNX 3D hearing aid that is part of the Nucleus Bimodal Solution is sold and supported by ReSound. Cochlear does not sell or repair hearing aids.
Smart App Support
- Start using the Nucleus Smart App
- Pairing your sound processor with a compatible Apple® device*
- Adjust volume settings
Wireless Accessories Support
- Wireless Phone Clip Pairing
- Wireless Mini Mic Pairing
- Wireless TV Streamer Pairing
- Stream audio to your Nucleus 7 from True Wireless devices
- Apple Inc. 'Compatible hearing devices' [Internet]. Apple support. 2017 [cited 24 February 2017]. Available from: https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201466#compatible
- The Nucleus 7 Sound Processor is compatible with iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini, iPad (4th generation), iPod touch (6th generation) and iPod touch (5th generation) using iOS 10.0 or later. The Nucleus Smart App is compatible with iPhone 5 (or later) and iPod 6th generation devices (or later) running iOS 10.0 or later. ReSound 3D family of hearing aids are compatible with iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad (4th generation), iPod touch (6th generation), Apple Watch Series 2 and Apple Watch using iOS 10.X or later. The ReSound Smart app is compatible with iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad (4th generation), iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini and iPod touch (5th and 6th generation).
Cochlear and ReSound are partners in the Smart Hearing Alliance to develop the world's smartest bimodal hearing solutions. Cochlear, Hear now. And always, Nucleus, SmartSound and the elliptical logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Cochlear Limited. ReSound is a trademark of GN Hearing A/S. The trademarks listed are owned and used by The GN ReSound Group and its related affiliates. ReSound and ReSound LiNX are trademarks of the GN ReSound Group. Cochlear, Custom Sound, Hear now. And always, Kanso, Nucleus, True Wireless and the elliptical logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Cochlear Limited.
Apple, the Apple logo, FaceTime, Made for iPad logo, Made for iPhone logo, Made for iPod logo, iPhone, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Information accurate as of September 2017.