If you want hearing that moves you. Choose SoundArc.
About the Baha SoundArc
The SoundArc is intended for patients who can benefit from a Cochlear Baha Sound Processor but who are not yet ready for Baha surgery, such as children. The SoundArc is designed to fit comfortably above the ears and be worn behind the head. The SoundArc comes in multiple sizes and to ensure that you are sized properly for optimal fitting, best performance and comfort, you will need to visit your clinician.
Fitting your SoundArc
- Make sure the tips rest slightly in front of the ears and the Connector disc is placed above and behind the ear.
- Slide the Connector disc to the position shown in the image. It should not wobble. Ensure that the entire area of the disc sits flush against the skin of the head. To avoid the risk of feedback, the disc should not be placed too close to the ear.
- If the SoundArc falls backward, does not stay on or there is a gap at the back of the head, bend open at point A and inwards at B. Fit again and check the placement of the disc and soft tips.
- Fit the SoundArc with any accessories (e.g. glasses, etc) in place, so that they can be removed without affecting the position of the SoundArc.
Attaching a Baha SoftWear Pad
You should change the Baha SoftWear pad in the following cases:
- If the Baha SoftWear pad appears worn-out or damaged
- If an accumulation of dirt or moisture on the Baha SoftWear pad cannot be wiped off
- If you experience a gradual deterioration in wearing comfort (if changing the Baha SoftWear pad does not help, contact your clinician).
If necessary, remove the old pad from the snap connector. Ensure you remove any adhesive residue left behind.
- Remove the cover sheet to expose the adhesive surface.
- Attach the pad to the snap connector. Make sure it is centralised and covers the entire surface.
- Remove the remaining cover sheet from the pad.
- Attach your Baha System device
How to wear your SoundArc
How to assemble Bilateral SoundArc
Baha SoundArc User Manual
* For full information on the Baha System and its components please click here
* In the United States and Canada, the placement of a bone-anchored implant is contraindicated in children below the age of 5.
The Intenso and Divino Sound Processors are not compatible with the SoundArc.