Introducing the Cochlear™ Provider Network
What is the Cochlear Provider Network (CPN)?
The Cochlear Provider Network (CPN) connects independent dispensing audiology/audiology-ENT practices dedicated to treating hearing loss with surgeons who are interested in raising hearing implant awareness.
CPN providers are focused on:
- A desire to offer all hearing solutions - beyond traditional amplification
- An inherent drive to be the hearing health care expert in the community
- Being comfortable with a medical model and partnering with a surgeon
- Experience with billing for services
- Being a licensed audiologist
Why is it important?
Many of the patients who would benefit from an implantable hearing solution are sitting in dispensing audiologist's offices. Unfortunately, the following statistics point to a gap in service offerings:
- Less that 10% of people who would benefit from an implantable hearing solution are treated1,2
- When implant recipients were polled, the majority say they did not receive information about implantable options from their dispensing audiologist or hearing aid provider2
- Over 77% of recipients say that if they could do it over again, they would have gotten their implant sooner2
The question is how do you start exposing your patients to potentially life-changing implantable solutions?
How does the CPN work?
We know that you are the center of your patients hearing health care, and your opinion and knowledge drive their decision making process. By offering all hearing loss treatments - hearing aids, bone anchored, and cochlear implant solutions you become the highly competent expert, consistently providing patient satisfaction. This expertise is a huge differentiator and a distinct advantage over those who have limited service offerings.
With the exception of the actual surgical procedure, CPN providers are involved in the "cradle to grave" care of their patients. This is much different from a standard referral model where you may not ever see your patients again.
CPN providers are trained in:
- Candidacy identification & evaluation
- Initial activation programming
- Follow up programming and audiology services
- Billing and reimbursement guidelines
- Troubleshooting and self-help services
Why partner with Cochlear?
Cochlear is the only manufacturer that offers a complete portfolio of implantable solutions, including cochlear implants, bone conduction, and revolutionary technologies such as Hybrid, which address hard-to-fit ski slope hearing loss.
- Pioneer of cochlear implant technology and the largest manufacturer of implantable technology in the world
- Most chosen and most trusted worldwide3,4
- More than 450,000 Cochlear recipients worldwide rely on us for access to the latest research and most current technology
- Candidate management tool that allows you to stay up to date on your patients' journey
- Help with awareness marketing always referencing you as the hearing health care provider
- Facilitation of medical partnerships with participating CPN surgeons
- Lifetime commitment to patients with our dedicated Recipient Services Group
If you are interested in learning more, contact your local Cochlear field rep, or fill out the form on this page to Learn More. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Blanchfield, B.B., et. Al. (2001). The severely to profoundly hearing-impaired population in the United States: Prevalence estimates and demographics. JAAA. 12, 183-189.
- Cochlear internal estimate, recipients data.
- Cochlear surgeons' preference survey: Internal reliability preferences. Data on file. Cochlear Americas: June 2010.
- Cochlear Americas. Data on file. March 2012.