The Nucleus® Smart App
Take control of your hearing journey like never before.
Designed specifically for the Cochlear™ Nucleus® 7 Sound Processor, the Nucleus Smart App allows you to adjust your sound processor settings across a range of different environments directly from a compatible iPhone® or iPod touch.® 1
With the Nucleus Smart App, you can:
- Monitor the status of your sound processor – View your battery life and check if your sound processor is working at a glance. Just tap the battery icon in the top right of the app.
- Adjust your mixing ratio – When on a phone call you may want to block out surrounding noise so you can concentrate on your conversation. To do this tap ‘Audio Sources’, then ‘More’, and reduce the ‘Microphone Volume’ which is the sound transmitted from your Nucleus 7 Sound Processor microphones.
- Find my Processor – The Nucleus Smart App can help you locate a misplaced sound processor by indicating on a map where your Nucleus 7 Sound Processor and compatible Apple device were last paired together.
- Hearing Tracker – Monitor the number of times your coil comes off and the length of your Time in Speech. To access the Hearing Tracker, tap the menu button in the top left hand corner of the app.
Try out some of the Nucleus Smart App features yourself – tap or click the highlighted buttons in the interactive demo below:
To experience all the features of the Nucleus Smart App, download the app for free from the Apple App Store and select ‘demo mode’ to test out the Nucleus Smart App on your compatible Apple device.1
for more information on:
- Adjusting Settings
- Adjusting Volume
- Streaming Troubleshooting
- The Nucleus 7 Sound Processor is compatible with iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini, iPad (4th generation) and iPod touch (6th generation) using iOS 10.0 or later. The Nucleus Smart App is compatible with iPhone 5 (or later) and iPod 6th generation devices (or later) running iOS 10.0 or later. Apple, the Apple logo, FaceTime, Made for iPad logo, Made for iPhone logo, Made for iPod logo, iPhone, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Information accurate as of July 2017.