The Cochlear™ Nucleus® Smart App
Take control of your hearing journey like never before.
Designed specifically for the Cochlear™ Nucleus® 7 Sound Processor, the Cochlear™ Nucleus® Smart App allows you to adjust your sound processor settings across a range of different environments directly from a compatible Apple® or Android™ device.
With the Nucleus Smart App, you can:
- Monitor the status of your sound processor – View your battery life and check if your sound processor is working at a glance. Just tap the battery icon in the top right of the app.
- Adjust your mixing ratio – When on a phone call you may want to reduce surrounding noise so you can concentrate on your conversation. To do this tap ‘Audio Sources’, then ‘More’, and reduce the ‘Microphone Volume’ which is the sound transmitted from your Nucleus 7 Sound Processor microphones.
- Find my Processor – The Nucleus Smart App can help you locate a misplaced sound processor. You can view your sound processor's location on a map, or use the "nearby" feature to see how close you are to your device.
- Hearing Tracker – Monitor the number of times your coil comes off and the length of your Time in Speech. To access the Hearing Tracker, tap the menu button in the top left hand corner of the app.
- ForwardFocus* – Once enabled by your clinician, ForwardFocus is a feature unique to the Nucleus 7 Sound Processor. You can turn this feature on using the Nucleus Smart App to decrease noise coming from behind you, so you can focus on a face-to-face conversation in front of you.
*ForwardFocus can only be enabled by a hearing implant specialist. It should only be activated for users 12 years and older who are able to reliably provide feedback on sound quality and understand how to use the feature when moving to different or changing environments. It may be possible to have decreased speech understanding when using ForwardFocus in a quiet environment.
Try out some of the Nucleus Smart App features yourself – tap or click the highlighted buttons in the interactive demo below:
To experience all the features of the Nucleus Smart App, download the app for free from the Apple App Store or Google Play and select ‘demo mode’ to test out the Nucleus Smart App on your compatible Apple or Android device.1
for more information on:
- Adjusting Settings
- Adjusting Volume
- Streaming Troubleshooting
1. The Cochlear Nucleus 7 Sound Processor is compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. For compatibility information visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility The Cochlear Nucleus Smart App is available on App Store and Google Play. For compatibility information visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility
Apple, the Apple logo, Made for iPad logo, Made for iPhone logo, Made for iPod logo, iPhone, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Android and Google Play are registered trademarks of Google Inc.
The Nucleus 7 Sound Processor is compatible with the Nucleus® 24 System (N24), Nucleus® Freedom System (CI24RE) and Nucleus® 5 System (CI422 and CI500 Series) Implants. The timeframe for Nucleus 7 Sound Processor compatibility for other implants depends on research and development timelines, manufacturing processes and regulatory approvals.