The Baha® 5 sound processors can connect directly to, and stream audio from your iPhone.
By connecting your Baha 5 System directly to your iPhone, you can...
- Stream audio when listening to music, watching videos and playing games.
- Stream phone calls and FaceTime.
- Use your iPhone as a remote microphone (Live Listen).
- Change program, adjust volume and view battery status on your sound processor.
- Download and use the Baha 5 Smart App to further customize your hearing experience.
- All Baha 5 sound processors are compatible
- To find out if your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch are compatible, view the Baha compatibility matrix.
How to pair your iPhone with your Baha 5 System
Before you start pairing, we recommend you turn off any Wireless Accessories and completely close any open apps on your iPhone to prevent potential interference. To completely close your apps, double-click the iPhone Home button and swipe up each app.
- Ensure your Baha 5 sound processor is turned off.
- On your mobile device, go to Settings -> General -> Accessibility
- Turn on your Baha 5 sound processor to make it discoverable for 120 seconds. When pairing to two sound processors, turn them on simultaneously.
- On your mobile device, tap Hearing Aids. If Bluetooth is turned off, tap to turn it on.
- Your mobile device will now start searching for your sound processor. This may take some time.
- Tap the name of the sound processor once it appears. If you are pairing bilateral sound processors, only one will appear in the list
- Accept the pairing request (or pairing requests if pairing with bilateral sound processors).
- Important Wait for pairing confirmation to be heard before proceeding. A series of 6 beep tones will be heard, followed by a ripple tone approximately 20 seconds later (or wait for 120 seconds to be certain that the process has been completed).
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Please seek advice from your medical practitioner or health professional about treatments for hearing loss. They will be able to advise on a suitable solution for the hearing loss condition. All products should be used only as directed by your medical practitioner or health professional.
Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative.