Otologic Management Services (OMS) is a no-charge service available from Cochlear. OMS helps patients and providers obtain necessary insurance coverage and assistance in appealing denied coverage for Nucleus ® cochlear implant systems and Baha® bone conduction systems.
OMS Contact Information
Call: 1-800-633-4667 (option 4)
What OMS can provide:
- Predetermination/Preauthorization assistance (related to surgery and clinical aftercare)
- Assistance with appeals process, if coverage is denied for surgery and/or clinical aftercare
- Reimbursement guidance and tools to professionals and facilities
- Advises providers on billing codes available for cochlear implants and Baha procedures
- Helps with predetermination, authorizations, and appeals involving clinical studies
- Administers vaccination program
What will OMS need from patients or providers to get started with the predetermination or appeals process?
- Letter of Agreement (only required for new centers upon initial sign up)
- Patient information form
- Patient release of information form
- Patient authorization to provide services form
Additionally, OMS will require a copy of the patient’s insurance card and current, applicable medical records, including audiograms. In cases of appeal, OMS will need a copy of the insurance company’s denial letter, the patient’s insurance benefit book, specifically the exclusion and appeals sections. Upon receipt of the required information, OMS will initiate the predetermination/appeals process with the health plan.