What you will find on this page
- The industry’s only cochlear implant that is Made for iPhone1
- Learn about the features and benefits of the Nucleus Smart App
- Try out the interactive Smart App demo
The only cochlear implant sound processor that is Made for iPhone1
The Cochlear™ Nucleus® 7 Sound Processor is the industry’s only cochlear implant sound processor that can stream sound directly from your favorite Apple® devices.1 You can enjoy your favorite movies, TV shows, apps, music, get GPS directions—even a FaceTime® call with audio streamed directly to your sound processor.
With Made for iPhone technology, check battery life, change volume and programs and start streaming simply by using the accessibility menu on your iPhone®. This can be convenient, especially if you have a loved one who doesn’t manage their own device, such as a child.
Made for iPhone hearing devices are designed to provide outstanding sound quality and fit seamlessly into your lifestyle. With sound streamed directly to your Nucleus 7 Sound Processor, you can enjoy clearer audio without struggling to understand what is being said.2
What if I don’t have an iPhone?
If you use an Android™ device or another smartphone, you can easily stream phone calls, music and more directly to your Nucleus 7 Sound Processor by using the True Wireless™ Phone Clip—which clips onto your clothing, no cords or strings attached.
“The Nucleus Smart App is amazing because I can monitor my son’s battery life, start streaming from his wireless accessories like the Mini Mic and we can find his lost sound processor if he loses it in the park. I love it, it's great!”
- Candesia F. - Mother of Nucleus recipient
The Nucleus® Smart App—First for iPhone. First for Android.
The Nucleus® Smart App is designed specifically for the Nucleus 7 Sound Processor to provide you with a convenient and easy way to tailor your hearing to your personal preferences—all from your compatible Apple or Android device. With the Nucleus Smart App, you can quickly and easily:
- Access personalized hearing information with the Hearing Tracker
- Quickly change programs or volume and check battery life without carrying a separate Remote Control
- Get help finding your sound processor if you misplace it
- Start wireless streaming to your Cochlear™ True Wireless™ accessories
- Fine tune your hearing experience by adjusting Master Bass, Volume and Treble
- Set up notifications to alert you if the coil is off
- Control and adjust your settings
- Locate a lost Nucleus 7 Sound Processor
- View your personalized hearing information with Hearing Tracker
See how the Nucleus Smart App works
Try out some of the features by tapping or clicking the highlighted buttons in the interactive demo.
Cochlear Nucleus Smart Connectivity
Learn more about connectivity and the ability to control your sound processor directly from a compatible smartphone.
Peace of mind with the Hearing Tracker and Find My Processor features
We all misplace things or forget where we put them. With the Nucleus Smart App, you can locate the lost Nucleus 7 Sound Processor using the GPS functionality that tells you the last location the sound processor had contact with your compatible smartphone.
Another feature on the Nucleus Smart App is the Hearing Tracker. This feature provides you with direct access to important information such as time when the coil is off and the time in speech. For parents, this helps measure that your loved one is hearing, especially when you are not with them.
The Hearing Tracker information along with the built-in data logging functionality of the sound processor helps your audiologist troubleshoot and make adjustments.