Answers to some common questions about using the Hybrid™ System.
The acoustic component will be supplied with the Freedom Hybrid Sound Processor initially, however it can be purchased at a later date as you require additional acoustic components.
Will it give me better performance if I use an acoustic component with my Freedom Hybrid Sound Processor?
Using your acoustic component with your Freedom Hybrid Sound Processor may offer additional performance benefits such as greater perception of environmental sounds, improved hearing at a distance a greater appreciation of music.
It is recommended that you replace your acoustic component every year in order to optimise your hearing performance with the Hybrid System.
The acoustic component needs to be cleaned daily with a dry cloth and the wax management system needs to also be cleaned, if necessary. For further details, please refer to the Freedom Hybrid User Manual.
Providing that you receive another Freedom Hybrid Sound Processor, your acoustic component will still be compatible.
The warranty of the Freedom Hybrid Sound Processor is three years (from two weeks of shipping), and the acoustic component is one year (from two weeks of shipping).
To use the telephone, you may be able to use the normal microphone setting, the telecoil or the telecoil and the microphone at the same time.
To use the telephone with your processor on the microphone setting:
- Position the telephone handset by lining it up with your cheekbone.
- Move the handset up and backwards so that it is slightly above the ear.
- Turn the handset so that the earpiece touches your head. This will help you hear the voice on the phone more clearly.
To use the telephone with the telecoil or telecoil and microphone setting:
- Press the Increase and Decrease buttons for a few seconds until your processor changes to the T or MT setting.
- Position the handset slightly lower on the ear and further back than the position suggested for the microphone setting.
For further details, please refer to the Freedom Hybrid User Manual.
Please seek advice from your health professional about treatments for hearing loss. Outcomes may vary, and your health professional will advise you about the factors which could affect your outcome. Always read the instructions for use. Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative for product information.