How to help encourage your child to develop an appreciation of music.
The activities listed below can help encourage your child to develop an appreciation of music.
- Understanding music may take time and effort. Patience, persistence, practice and a positive attitude will go a long way.
- Try different SmartSound settings (not just the music setting) when your child is listening to music. Different settings work best for different people.
- Start by choosing simple melodies in the beginning and stay away from harmonized complex tones of classical music.
- Some people with a cochlear implant find that certain types of music sound better for them. It is a great idea to experiment with different types of music from traditional, classical, soft rock, pop, country, etc.
- Understanding the lyrics (words) can be difficult. Encourage your child to have the lyrics in front of them to follow along. Lyrics can be found on the internet by searching for the song name.
- Remember to let your child relax and have fun as they explore the world of music with their cochlear implant.