Cochlear™ Baha® Control App.
The Baha® Control App lets you control your hearing experience directly from your iPhone or Android smartphone by connecting to a Cochlear™ Wireless Phone Clip.
Benefits of using the Cochlear™ Baha® Control App
- Adjust volume,change programs and activate streaming on your sound processor by connecting to a Cochlear Wireless Phone Clip.
- Rename sound processor programs.
Wireless Phone Clip
The Phone Clip lets you take calls, listen to music, play games and watch movies with sound streamed directly from your smartphone into your sound processor.
Please consult the in-app tutorial section under ‘Get started’ for an overview of how to operate the Baha Control App, or download the quick guide or user manual.
Pairing and connecting
Before you can start using the Baha Control App, you first need to pair your sound processor to your Wireless Phone Clip, and your Phone Clip to your iPhone, Android smartphone, or Bluetooth enabled landline.
Pairing your sound processor to your Wireless Phone Clip
- Make sure the Phone Clip is fully charged
- Turn OFF the Baha sound processor
- Turn ON the Phone Clip
- Press the pairing button of the Phone Clip. The LED indicator will now flash yellow every two seconds
- Within 20 seconds, turn on the Baha sound processor to complete the pairing
- Successful pairing will be indicated with an audible melody in the sound processor
Pairing your Wireless Phone Clip to your mobile device
- Make sure the Phone Clip is fully charged. Turn it ON and remove the silver cap. Place your mobile device next to the Phone Clip and make sure your mobile device is ON.
- Find the connectivity settings on your mobile device. Look for the Bluetooth® feature in the main menu or one of the sub menus, such as Connectivity.
- On your mobile device, ensure that Bluetooth is turned ON.
- With the tip of a pen or similar object, press the small blue Bluetooth pairing button on the back of your Phone Clip once. Now the Phone Clip will be in Bluetooth pairing mode for two minutes.
- On the mobile device choose to search for Bluetooth devices.
- Your mobile device should present a list of Bluetooth devices discovered. Select Hearing Aid Phone from this list.
- Your mobile device may then ask you to enter a passcode. If so, enter ‘0000’ (four zeros).
- Your Phone Clip should now be paired to your mobile device. Some mobile devices may ask which Bluetooth service you wish to enable. Select Headset.
- After successfully pairing, the mobile device may prompt you to confirm your intent to connect with the Phone Clip.
- If you have to manually connect: Locate a list of ‘Paired Devices’ in the Bluetooth menu of your mobile device. From that list, highlight ‘Hearing Aid Phone’ and select ‘Connect.’
- You are now ready to use your Phone Clip.
- On some phones you can configure ‘Automatic Reconnection.’ Refer to the user guide of your mobile device for instructions on how to do this.
*What you need
- Cochlear Baha 5 Sound Processor
- Cochlear Wireless Phone Clip
- iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, iPad or iPod touch using iOS 7.* or later or an Android smartphone using version 2.3 or later.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S.
and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc. The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and
any use of such marks by Cochlear Limited is under license.
Cochlear Baha apps are intended to be used with Cochlear Baha Sound Processors. Cochlear Baha apps send and receive signals from the Cochlear Baha Sound Processors via selected mobile devices for which the apps have been developed. Notifications of application updates should not be disabled, and it is recommended that the user installs all updates to ensure that the application will function correctly and will be kept up to date. The application must only be used with Cochlear Baha devices for which it is intended. Cochlear Baha take no responsibility if the application is used with other devices. Any and all liability arising directly or indirectly from the use of this application is hereby disclaimed. The information herein is provided "as is" and without any warranty expressed or implied. All direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising from any use of this application or data contained herein is disclaimed and excluded.
Please seek advice from your health professional about treatments for hearing loss. Outcomes may vary, and your health professional will advise you about the factors which could affect your outcome. Always read the instructions for use. Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative for product information.