What you'll find on this page
- How to secure Nucleus® sound processors.
- How to secure Baha® sound processors.
Extra security when you need it
We design sound processors to be comfortable and secure no matter what you're doing.
But sometimes, you want reassurance that you won't lose them, especially during high-energy activities like skiing or playing football. Or maybe you're a parent who wants peace of mind that your child won't lose his or her sound processor.
Cochlear™ accessories can help keep your processor in place.
Nucleus® 7 Sound Processor options
- Snugfit: for a firmer fit on the ear, especially for active adults and children. Available in three sizes.
- Koala Clip: clip-on retention for babies and younger children.
- Safety Cord: a convenient way to prevent losing a sound processor if it comes off your ear.
- Earhook: comfortably secures the sound processor to your ear.
Nucleus Kanso® Sound Processor options
- Alligator Clip with long safety line: attaches to clothing, reducing the risk of losing your sound processor.*
- Hair Clip with short safety line: a more discreet retention option that clips onto your hair and comes in two lengths.
Baha® Sound Processor options
Baha 5 SuperPower Sound Processor and the Baha 5 Power Sound Processor retention options include:
- Alligator Clip with long safety line: attaches to clothing to reduce the risk of losing your sound processor.*
Baha 5 SuperPower Sound Processor options include:
- Earhook+: secures the sound processor behind your ear in an under-the-ear configuration and comes in one adjustable size.
- Snugfit: helps tighten the sound processor on the ear and comes in three sizes.
- LiteWear: improves comfort and reduces weight on the ear by wearing the sound processor on the body instead of behind the ear. Particularly beneficial for small children.
- Mic Lock: secures the sound processor comfortably on your ear with a light, clear band.
Please seek advice from your health professional about treatments for hearing loss. Outcomes may vary, and your health professional will advise you about the factors which could affect your outcome. Always read the instructions for use. Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative for product information.
Views expressed are those of the individual.
* Retention lines longer than the Safety Line (standard length) are not recommended for use by children as they may present a risk of strangulation.