What you'll find on this page
- How the Baha® Connect System works.
- How it's designed to shorten surgery and healing time.
- How the Baha Connect System is compatible with MRI.*
Your direct connection to hearing
The Baha Connect System is easy to use. You simply connect a sound processor onto a small abutment behind your ear.
The latest technology gives you the best results
The Baha Connect System's abutment features unique DermaLock™ surface technology.
This is designed to reduce surgery and healing times and give you better cosmetic outcomes.1,2
Compatible with MRI
You can get an MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) with the Baha Connect System.
Approved for a high level of MRI compatibility — up to 3.0 Tesla — all you need to do is remove the sound processor prior to your MRI. The abutment and implant can remain in place.
Please seek advice from your health professional about treatments for hearing loss. Outcomes may vary, and your health professional will advise you about the factors which could affect your outcome. Always read the instructions for use. Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative for product information.
Views expressed are those of the individual. Consult your health professional to determine if you are a candidate for Cochlear technology.
* The Baha Connect System is compatible with an MRI under certain conditions. Prior to receiving an MRI, please consult with your clinician about proper precautions.
- Wilkie M, Chakravarthy K, Mamais C, Temple R. Osseointegrated Hearing Implant Surgery Using a Novel Hydroxyapatite-Coated Concave Abutment Design. Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. 2014;151(6):1014-1019.
- Polat B, İşeri M, Orhan KS, et al. Two Different Percutaneous Bone-Anchored Hearing Aid Abutment Systems: Comparative Clinical Study. J Int Adv Otol. 2016;12(1):23–27