Make a splash with Aqua+
Whether swimming in the ocean, jumping into the pool or soaking in the bath, adults and children want their sound processor to be safe.
Our latest Nucleus® sound processors are splash-proof, dust-proof and water resistant.*
And with the Aqua+ silicone sleeve, the sound processor becomes waterproof and swimmable* as well.
Water protection for favourite activities
"... I'm able to take swimming lessons. I can hear my instructor underwater. Not only is it allowing me to achieve my goal that I’ve had for almost seven decades, but I’m enjoying it very much.
- Mary Grace, Cochlear™ implant recipient
Enjoy swimming in the pool or at the beach
Adults and children can even enjoy snorkelling because using the Aqua+ means they can submerge their sound processor in up to three metres* of water for two hours.
Adults and children can swim and splash to their heart's content
Adults and children can reuse the Aqua+ silicone sleeve up to 50 times. That's a lot of trips to the pool for parents with children.
Available for our Nucleus® 7, Nucleus® 8 and Kanso® 2 Sound Processors*,#
- Aqua+ solutions are available for both behind-the-ear and off-the-ear sound processors.
- Transforms the sound processor into a water-resistant hearing device.
- Offers protection in water up to three metres deep for two hours.
- Swim underwater, snorkel or surf with added peace of mind.
- Flexible watertight housing encases and protects the sound processor.
- Water-resistant coil connects the Nucleus 7, Nucleus 8 and Nucleus 6 Sound Processors within the sleeve.^
Please seek advice from your health professional about treatments for hearing loss. Outcomes may vary, and your health professional will advise you about the factors which could affect your outcome. Always follow the directions for use. Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative for product information.
Views expressed are those of the individual. Consult your health professional to determine if you are a candidate for Cochlear technology.
* The Cochlear Nucleus 8 Sound Processor with Aqua+ is dust and water resistant to level IP68 of the International Standard IEC60529. The Nucleus 8 Sound Processor with Aqua+ can be continuously submerged under water to a depth of up to 3 metres for up to 2 hours. Refer to the relevant user guide for more information.
** The Nucleus 7 Sound Processor is dust and water resistant to level of IP57 of the International Standard IEC60529. The Nucleus 7 Sound Processor with Aqua+ and Aqua+ Coil is dust and water resistant to level IP68 of the International Standard IEC60529 when you use a Cochlear Standard Rechargeable Battery Module or Cochlear Compact Rechargeable Battery Module.
^ Some models of Aqua+ accessories require the ear hook to be removed before inserting the sound processor into the accessory. Please consult the instructions for use for more information.
# The Cochlear Nucleus Kanso 2 Sound Processor with Aqua+ is dust and water resistant to level of IP68 of the International Standard IEC60529 and can be continuously submerged under water to a depth of up to 3 metres for up to 2 hours. Refer to the relevant User Guide for more information.