The smart bimodal hearing solution
Introducing the world's first and only smart bimodal hearing solution that's Made for iPhone1.
Partnering for smarter hearing
Cochlear and ReSound - two global leaders in pioneering better hearing solutions - have partnered to offer a smart bimodal hearing solution for people who want a premium bimodal hearing experience.
For the first time, if you have a Cochlear™ Nucleus® 7 Sound Processor and a compatible ReSound hearing aid* you can stream sound directly to both ears simultaneously from a compatible Apple device**.
Your keys to accessing the world's first smart bimodal hearing solution
The Nucleus 7 Sound Processor and compatible ReSound hearing aid are designed to work together seamlessly to deliver a premium bimodal hearing experience. You can manage your hearing experience with both devices easily from your iPhone.
Cochlear Nucleus 7
iPad or iPod touch
From your compatible Apple device to both ears: clarity, control and confidence
With a smart bimodal hearing solution you can use your iPhone to:
Connect with others effortlessly
With better sound quality and clarity in both ears, phone conversations will feel more effortless and natural - every word, sigh and giggle streamed to both ears. And making video calls feels like you're right there in person - every facial expression is reflected back to you on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch as you chat.
Rediscover the joy of music
With Cochlear's bimodal solution, you can simultaneously stream all the sounds that make your heart sing from a compatible Apple device to both ears like never before. From music to videos to games - enjoy all the sounds you love with greater clarity and richness2, 3.
Control your hearing at the touch of your iPhone
Thanks to Made for iPhone technology, there's now a new way to adjust the settings on both your sound processor and your hearing aid. No need for any additional equipment - simply use your compatible Apple device to take control on the go.
No strings attached
Cochlear Mini Microphone 2/2+
Cochlear Wireless TV Streamer
When used as part of Cochlear's smart bimodal solution, Cochlear's True Wireless™ devices deliver sound directly to your Cochlear Nucleus 7 Sound Processor and your compatible ReSound hearing aid simultaneously. So you can take your bimodal listening experience to the highest level.
In noisy surroundings
A Cochlear Wireless Mini Microphone is proven to help you hear better over distance and in noisy situations4. So whether you're catching up with friends in a busy restaurant, or attending an important meeting, you can confidently engage in conversations.
When watching television
With the Cochlear Wireless TV Streamer, you can hear the sounds coming from your television more clearly5. And because you won't need to turn up the volume or use captions, TV time with your family and friends is enjoyable for everybody.
- View Smart Bimodal Solution compatibility.
- Speak to your audiologist or hearing health professional about Cochlear's smart bimodal solution. Find a clinic to find out more.
- Find out more about the Nucleus 7 Sound Processor.
- If you're still undecided on an implant, find out more about why having a hearing aid in each ear may no longer be enough, and how you could benefit from supplementing your hearing aid with a cochlear implant.
Please seek advice from your health professional about treatments for hearing loss. Outcomes may vary, and your health professional will advise you about the factors which could affect your outcome. Always read the instructions for use. Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative for product information.
- Apple Inc. 'Compatible hearing devices' [Internet]. Apple support. 2017 [cited 24 February 2017]. Available from: https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201466#compatible.
- Gottermeier L, De Filippo C, Clark C. Trials of a Contralateral Hearing Aid After Long-Term Unilateral Cochlear Implant Use in Early-Onset Deafness. American journal of audiology. 2016 Jun 1;25(2):85-99.
- Balkany TJ, Hodges AV, Eshraghi AA, Butts S, Bricker K, Lingvai J, Polak M, King J. Cochlear implants in children--a review. Acta oto-laryngologica. 2002 Jan 1;122(4):356-62.
- Wolfe J, Morais M, Schafer E. Improving hearing performance for cochlear implant recipients with use of a digital, wireless, remote-microphone, audio-streaming accessory. Journal of the American Academy of Audiology. 2015 Jun 1;26(6):532-9.
- Duke MM, Wolfe J, Schafer E. Recognition of speech from the television with use of a wireless technology designed for cochlear implants. Journal of the American Academy of Audiology. 2016 May 1;27(5):388-94.
*With compatible ReSound hearing aids. A list of compatible hearing aids is available online at: www.cochlear.com/nucleus/compatibility
**The Cochlear Nucleus 7 Sound Processor is compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. For compatibility information visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility. Apple, the Apple logo, FaceTime, Made for iPad logo, Made for iPhone logo, Made for iPod logo, iPhone, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.