Which sound processor is right for me?
You are unique - so your hearing solution should be too. The latest Cochlear™ Nucleus® Sound Processors offer a range of wearing options to fit your personality and lifestyle.
Whether you prefer a behind-the-ear or an off-the-ear sound processor, Cochlear offers the smallest and lightest sound processors in the world1 and proven hearing performance from our most advanced sound management system - SmartSound® iQ with SCAN technology2, 3.
Plus, with the Nucleus Smart App3, Made for iPhone compatibility4 and True Wireless devices, you can now hear like never before - wherever you are.
Choosing your sound processor
The Nucleus 7 Sound Processor is Cochlear's newest behind-the-ear hearing solution and the first cochlear implant sound processor you can control from your smartphone5. Being 25% smaller and 24% lighter1 than its predecessor, the Nucleus 7 Sound Processor provides a more comfortable experience for even the smallest ears. And thanks to new chip technology, you can benefit from up to 50% more5 battery life than the previous generation behind-the-ear sound processor and enjoy a longer active day*.
The Nucleus 7 Sound Processor offers a flexible hearing solution that includes the ability to monitor and adjust your hearing using the Nucleus Smart App6, direct streaming with Made for iPhone compatibility, a range of wearing and retention options and a choice of disposable or rechargeable batteries.
The Nucleus Kanso® Sound Processor is an off-the-ear sound processor that's so discreet it's barely noticeable, and so small and comfortable you can forget you're wearing it. It's designed to fit snugly against your head for comfort and security, giving you the confidence to connect to your world. It is also easy to use - you can simply 'set and forget'.
Features comparison table
Nucleus 7 Sound Processor
SMARTSOUND IQ WITH SCAN
Nucleus Kanso Sound Processor
|The first Made for iPhone cochlear implant sound processor4||
|The first dual microphone off-the-ear-sound processor|
|Nucleus Smart App||
COMPATIBLE WITH TRUE WIRELESS® DEVICES
|CR230 Remote Assistant|
|Lightest and smallest behind-the-ear sound processor1||
DUST AND SPLASHPROOF
|Lightest and smallest off-the-ear sound processor1|
WATERPROOF WITH AQUA+
|Disposable and rechargeable batteries||
|Offers Hybrid Hearing with acoustic component||
|Hybrid Hearing not available|
Please note that due to its size and coil type, the Nucleus Kanso Sound Processor is not compatible with Nucleus 22 implants. The Nucleus 7 Sound Processor is not currently compatible with Nucleus 22 implants.
The Nucleus 7 Sound Processor with Aqua+ and Aqua+ Coil is water resistant to level IP68 of the International Standard IEC60529 when you use a Cochlear Standard Rechargeable Battery Module or Cochlear Compact Rechargeable Battery Module. Refer to the relevant User Guide for more information.
The Kanso Sound Processor with Aqua+ is water resistant to level IP68 of the International Standard IEC60529 when used with LR44 alkaline or nickel metal hydride disposable batteries. Refer to the relevant User Guide for more information.
Please seek advice from your medical practitioner or health professional about treatments for hearing loss. They will be able to advise on a suitable solution for the hearing loss condition. All products should be used only as directed by your medical practitioner or health professional.
Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative.
* Individual results may vary depending on battery choice.
- Cochlear Limited. D1190805. CP1000 Processor Size Comparison. 2017, Mar; Data on file.
- Mauger S, Jones M, Nel E, Del Dot J. Clinical outcomes with the Kanso™ off-the-ear cochlear implant sound processor. International Journal Of Audiology. 2017, Jan 9; 1-10. [Sponsored by Cochlear].
- Cochlear Limited. D1182081. CLTD 5620 Clinical Evaluation of Nucleus 7 Cochlear Implant System. 2017, Mar; Data on file.
- The Nucleus 7 Sound Processor is compatible with iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini, iPad (4th generation) and iPod touch (6th generation) using iOS 10.0 or later. Apple, the Apple logo, Made for iPad logo, Made for iPhone logo, Made for iPod logo, iPhone, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Information accurate as of February 2018.
- Cochlear Limited. D1140877. Battery Life and Power Consumption Comparison between CP1000, CP900 Series and CP810 Sound Processors. 2017, Mar; Data on file.
- The Nucleus Smart App is compatible with iPhone 5 (or later) and iPod 6th generation devices (or later) running iOS 10.0 or later. To use the Nucleus Smart App for Android, your device will need to run Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or later and support Bluetooth 4.0 or later. For a list of verified devices visit http://www.nucleussmartapp.com/android.
Android is a trademark of Google LLC. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.