Cochlear's implant portfolio
A perfect fit for every ear.
Cochlear’s range of Nucleus Implants is the result of more than 30 years of ground breaking, collaborative clinical and technical research work.
Our scientists and engineers understand that we all have very different anatomy. That’s why they’ve designed the widest range of implants and electrodes to deliver the best possible sound resolution, coverage and comfort for your unique ear.
Implants designed for your ear
You and your surgeon can now choose from two Nucleus implant series, each offering sophisticated electronics, innovative designs and quality materials.
The thinnest implant in the world
Our latest generation of implants - the Nucleus Profile Series - is the thinnest implant in the world, designed to better conform to the natural shape of the head, making it an ideal choice for you.
A state-of-the art manufacturing facility has been established specially for the Nucleus Profile Series and all of our future generations of implants.
Widest electrode range to suit your hearing needs
Cochlear also offers a distinctive range of electrodes – the part of the implant that sits in the cochlea. With a diversity of sizes and shapes to choose from, your surgeon can find the electrode that best fits your cochlea’s natural curves. What’s more, our electrodes are crafted to help you distinguish more pitches, and experience sound in a more natural way.
Learn more about our Implant design
The thinnest implant in the world with the thinnest electrode, designed to improve your hearing performance1-3
Our latest generation of implants - the Nucleus Profile Series - is now available with our latest array, the Slim Modiolar Electrode (CI532). This electode is designed to preserve the delicate structure of your ear and is close to the hearing nerve to help you hear your best.
Learn more about Nucleus Profile with Slim Modiolar Electrode (CI532)
See how Nucleus Profile CI532 regains access to sound.
#1 Implant Reliability
Cochlear™ Nucleus® implants are the most reliable for both adults and children.4-6
So when you choose Cochlear, you choose unparalleled quality and peace of mind.
Learn more about Nucleus Implant Reliability
MRI at your convenience
MRI scans are a standard medical diagnostic technique and Nucleus implants are designed to fit with your lifelong medical requirements. If you ever need a medium strength MRI up to 1.5 Tesla, you can rest assured that your Nucleus implant allows you to safely undergo the scan with your magnet in place*. And if you need a high-powered MRI up to 3 Tesla*, the removable magnet makes that possible in a simple outpatient procedure too.
Learn more about MRI compatibility
* MRI field strength approval is conditional and varies by country, check your Important Information Booklet and Warnings and Precautions documents.
Whichever implant or electrode you are fitted with, rest assured you will benefit from Cochlear’s unsurpassed experience in design of cochlear implants. We design with the future in mind, so your hearing can improve when our technology does, without the need for further surgery.
Please seek advice from your medical practitioner or health professional about treatments for hearing loss. They will be able to advise on a suitable solution for the hearing loss condition. All products should be used only as directed by your medical practitioner or health professional.
Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative.
1. D844465 - Cochlear Nucleus Profile with Slim Modiolar Electrode, technical specifications.
2. Data on file - Hi-Focus Mid-Scala Electrode brochure (028-M270-03). https://www.advancedbionics.com/content/dam/ab/Global/en_ce/documents/professional/HiFocusMid-Scala_Electrode_Brochure.pdf and Flex 2. http://s3.medel.com/downloadmanager/downloads/maestro_2013/en-GB/22676.pdf.
3. Holden, LK., Finley, CC., Firszt, JB., Holden, TA., Brenner, C., Potts LG, et al. Factors affecting open-set word recognition in adults with cochlear implants. Ear and Hearing. 2013 May-Jun; 34(3): 342-60.
4. Cochlear Limited, D1175804. Cochlear Nucleus Implant Reliability Report, Volume 15, January 2017. 2017, May.
5. 2016 Cochlear Implant Reliability Report [Internet]. 028-M797-02 RevB ©2016 Advanced Bionics AG and affiliates. All rights reserved.[cited 30 May 2017]; Available from: http://www.advancedbionics.com/content/dam/ab/Global/en_ce/documents/candidate/2016-cochlear-implant-reliability-report.pdf
6. Comparison based on publicly available data. Reliability You Can Count On [Internet]. MED-EL. April 2017 [cited 30 May 2017]. Available from: http://www.medel.com/reliability-reporting/