Get the most from your hearing
The Nucleus® 6 Sound Processor includes SmartSound® iQ with SCAN technology, a feature that helps you understand speech1 so you focus on what's being said.
Pick your colour
The Nucleus 6 Sound Processor comes in five colours, so you can choose the shade that best matches your preference.
Taking the hard work out of hearing
"The [Nucleus] 6 has given me the greatest thing I’ve ever asked for: just to hear music coming from my daughter."
- Sue G, Cochlear™ Nucleus® 6 recipient, Australia
Hear your best wherever you are
Never miss a moment — in a quiet room or outside on a windy day, your sound processor will automatically adjust using SmartSound iQ with SCAN.
Boost your remaining hearing
The integrated hearing aid functionality allows you to use the hearing you have to understand speech in complex listening environments.
Improve your speech understanding
Enhance your hearing with SmartSound iQ with SCAN technology. It automatically applies the best direction and settings for your microphone to help you understand other peoples' speech.
Filter out background noise
Dual microphones work together to reduce sound from behind and to the sides so you hear more of what you want.
Confidence comes from clarity
"The TV Streamer allows me to actually stream directly into both ears from the TV. Going wireless has been absolutely amazing. I thought it was great before, but it’s even better now."
- Faye Y, Cochlear™ Nucleus® recipient, Australia
Focus on the conversation with ease
The Mini Microphone 2+ streams sound directly to your sound processor. Hear more clearly, whether you’re in a classroom, at work or in a busy restaurant.
Watch TV comfortably
Take in your favourite TV show at your own personal volume and without the need for closed captions using the TV Streamer.
Talk on the phone
Enjoy better sound quality with audio streaming using the Cochlear Wireless Phone Clip.
Bring sound closer – no strings attached
Free yourself of wires with Cochlear True Wireless™ technology and focus less on hearing and more on what's important.
Support for a lifetime
Cochlear is your partner for a lifetime of hearing. We have personalised tools and resources you can get at any time. We provide fast and convenient service, we answer your questions, and we help you get the most from your Cochlear device.
Are you a Cochlear™ Nucleus® 22 implant recipient?
If you're already a Cochlear customer and you'd like more information about upgrades, we're here to help.
Want to learn more?
If you are interested in learning more about the Nucleus system, we can send you a free information guide today.
Please seek advice from your health professional about treatments for hearing loss. Outcomes may vary, and your health professional will advise you about the factors which could affect your outcome. Always read the instructions for use. Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative for product information.
Views expressed are those of the individual. Consult your health professional to determine if you are a candidate for Cochlear technology.
Any testimonial featured on this website is intended for an Australian audience only.
* Please seek advice from your medical practitioner or health professional about treatments for hearing loss. They will be able to advise on a suitable solution for the hearing loss condition. All products should be used only as directed by your medical practitioner or health professional. Not all products are available in all countries.
** The Nucleus 6 Sound Processor with Aqua+ and Aqua+ Coil is water resistant to level IP68 of the International Standard IEC60529 when you use a Cochlear Standard Rechargeable Battery Module or Cochlear Compact Rechargeable Battery Module. Refer to the relevant User Guide for more information.
- Mauger SJ, Warren C, Knight M, Goorevich M, Nel E. Clinical evaluation of the Nucleus 6 cochlear implant system: performance improvements with SmartSound iQ. International Journal Of Audiology. 2014, Aug; 53(8): 564-576.[Sponsored by Cochlear].
- Gifford R, Davis T, Sunderhaus L et al. Combined Electric and Acoustic Stimulation with Hearing Preservation: Effect of Cochlear Implant Low-Frequency Cutoff on Speech Understanding and Perceived Listening Difficulty. Ear Hear. (2017 Sep/Oct); 38(5):539-553.