Cochlear Nucleus 5 Upgrade Program
Cochlear™ Nucleus® Sound Processor
Hear Like Never Before!
Our lifetime commitment means that you can benefit from superior technological advances regardless of when you were implanted. The Cochlear Nucleus 5 Sound Processor's (CP810) advances include:
- Unprecedented hearing performance1,2
- Exclusive dual microphone zoom technologies for better hearing in noisy environments1
- Smallest sound processor ~ 36% smaller than Nucleus Freedom Sound Processor*
- Most water-resistant behind-the-ear sound processor. Now featuring IP57**
- Exclusive AutoPhone™ capability
- Snugfit™ retention and comfort with stylish wearing options
- Interchangeable battery options - disposable and rechargeable
* With compact rechargeable battery option.
** With rechargeable battery option. Not intended for swimming.
†The Nucleus 5 Upgrade package price will increase December 31, 2012 for Canadian residents.
Save $500 US dollars when you order before December 31st, 2012
Effective January 1st, 2013 the Cochlear Nucleus 5 Sound Processor (CP810) Upgrade will increase to $8,975. Don't wait to place your upgrade order!
|Cochlear Nucleus 5 Sound Processor||$8,975|
|Cochlear Freedom Sound Processor||- $2,500|
Not sure where to start?
- To purchase a Nucleus 5 Sound Processor Upgrade kit in Canadian currency, please contact Union Hearing Aid Centre (UHAC) at 1-866-269-8880
- For installment options, please contact Medicard at 1-888-689-9876.
- We strongly encourage all Nucleus 24 Implant Recipients with an ESPrit™ 3G Sound Processor to consider upgrading to the Nucleus 5 Sound Processor as your ESPrit 3G Sound Processor is no longer able to be repaired.
Depending on your insurance coverage, your upgrade may be covered as a "replacement sound processor."†
- Many insurance companies, including Medicare and Medicaid, may authorize replacement of a sound processor when it has been in continuous use for its "useful life" (generally, 5 years). Some insurers may provide replacements if a sound processor is lost or irreparably damaged.
- A demonstrated improvement in technology and hearing performance may be a sufficient medical reason to upgrade.
- Plan Early: the upgrade process can take a few weeks. You may need to obtain insurance coverage approval. We will also need to contact your medical health professional (e.g., Otolaryngologist, Audiologist or Primary Care Physician) to obtain a letter of medical necessity (LMN), or physician’s order (prescription) letter on your behalf.
- Remember to consider: whether or not out-of-pocket expenses apply, if you will need to provide billing codes for your health plan and what if any limits apply to your upgrade.
- Cochlear has also developed partnership with SunMED Medical Systems and Access MediQuip to help you with obtaining upgrade authorization with your insurance provider.
1. Wolfe, J. et al. Benefit of a commercially available cochlear implant processor with dual-microphone beamforming: A Multi-Center Study, Otology & Neurotology, 2011 [In Press].
2. 61% improvement is calculated from 9% per 1dB improvement. Litovsky, et. al. Simultaneous bilateral cochlear implantation in adults: a multicenter clinical study. Ear & Hearing, Vol 27 No. 6, 2006.