Nothing comes between you and your sound processor for phone calls and streaming TV and conversations.
An ultra-compact design makes the Nucleus 6 the very smallest Nucleus Sound Processor available.2
SmartSound® iQ (SSiQ) technology3 uses dual microphones to zoom in on preferred sounds, such as speech, and filter out surrounding noise. In a multi-center study, upgrade patients demonstrated up to 77 percentage point improvement automatically with SmartSound iQ.4,5
You can now swim underwater without cords and big enclosures. Immerse yourself in the highest water resistance rating available from Cochlear through the Nucleus® Aqua+.6
1. The Nucleus 6 Sound Processor is compatible with the Nucleus 22 System (N22), Nucleus 24 System (N24), Nucleus Freedom System (CI24RE) and Nucleus 5 System (CI422 and CI500 Series) Implants.
2. When comparing the CP920 with Compact Rechargeable Battery configuration to the Nucleus Freedom Sound Processor with the 3-zinc air Standard Controller.
3. It is recommended that SNR-NR, WNR, and SCAN be made available to any recipient, ages 6 and older, who is able to 1) complete objective speech perception testing in quiet and noise in order to determine and document performance and 2) report a preference for different program settings.
4. Wolfe J. et al (2015)The Benefits of Adaptive Signal Processing in a Commercially Available Implant Sound Processor. Otology and Neurotology; (In Press) Average Improvement: 27 Percentage Points.
5. Investigation of Nucleus 5 Sound Processing Input Processing in Cochlear Implant Recipients, IDE G130246 Clinical Investigation Report, September 30, 2014. Average Improvement: 37.5 Percentage Points.
6. The Nucleus 6 Sound Processor with the Aqua+ is water resistant to level IP68 of the International Standard IEC60529. The water protection only applies when you use the Aqua+ and rechargeable batteries. Not compatible with the acoustic component.