Baha® 5 SuperPower Processor Basics
This section will show you how to operate your Baha® 5 SuperPower Sound Processor, including how to make adjustments to settings and programs, and the available accessories.
- Sound Processing Unit
- Actuator Unit
- Battery module
- Connect to turn sound processor ON
- Disconnect to turn sound processor OFF
- Standard snap connector
- Upper button, short press: Increase volume
- Lower button, short press: Decrease volume
- Upper button, long press: Change program or deactivate wireless streaming
- Lower button, long press: Activate streaming or toggle between wireless accessories
- Program button, Wireless audio streaming button
Please note: To wear your Baha 5 SuperPower, first attach the actuator unit to your abutment or magnet, then attach the sound processing unit.
There are two different battery modules for the Baha 5 SuperPower Sound Processor.
- The Standard Rechargeable Battery Module for longer battery life
- The Compact Rechargeable Battery Module, smaller in size.
Only use rechargeable battery modules and battery chargers supplied or recommended by Cochlear.
To purchase a replacement rechargeable battery, visit www.CochlearStore.com.
We recommend charging your batteries in different sockets to utilize the sockets evenly. For example, alternate between charging your batteries on the top sockets and charging your batteries on the bottom sockets.
Check that your battery charger is clean. If you notice any dust or dirt, unplug the power adapter, remove any battery modules and gently remove any dirt from the battery charger sockets.
Baha 5 SuperPower Rechargeable Battery Charger
- When there is approximately one hour of battery power remaining, you will hear two sets of four short beeps and the visual indicator will flash repeatedly. At this time you may experience low amplification.
- When the battery runs down completely, the sound processor will beep and then stop working.
The rechargeable battery's lifespan is at least 365 charge cycles. Battery life varies according to the programs used each day, the sound environment, and the size of battery. To get the longest life from the rechargeable batteries, always recharge completely before use.
EveryWear™ wearing options
The Baha 5 SuperPower can be worn in three different positions:
Please consult with your hearing health professional to determine which option is best for you.
The earhook keeps the sound processing unit in place behind your hear. Earhooks come in large, medium, and small sizes. The smallest earhook can be made tamper resistant.
Note: Only remove your earhook from the sound processing unit when necessary to reduce wear and tear.
The Earhook+ secures the sound processing unit in place behind your ear in the under the ear configuration. The Earhook+ comes in one size and is adjustable.
We recommend that you replace your microphone protectors every three months to maximize the performance of your sound processor. Consider replacing your microphone protectors whenever they look dirty or whenever you notice any loss in sound quality and always replace both microphone protectors at the same time.
Replacement microphone protectors can be purchased at www.CochlearStore.com.